Mendocino Audubon Program

Charlene McAllister

'Migrating with the Cranes', Speaker: Mavis Beth Muller
A presentation on Sandhill Cranes

Monday, January 17 at 7:00 p.m.
Caspar Community Center
Ms. Muller is a self-proclaimed "Craniac".
Her passion for cranes began 20 years ago, and over those years she has had
the pleasure of observing the American Sandhill Cranes from her cabin, which
is located on the Kenai Peninsula, along the shores of Kachemak Bay, Homer,
Alaska. Her area is a nesting ground for what is known as the world's oldest
bird. When autumn falls, and the migration call is sounded, the cranes
depart on their long journey south. She follows them, returning to Alaska
just days before the estimated time of the flock's arrival in mid-April.
Muller notes that "we humans have something to learn from them (the cranes)
and the natural world they live in. I am eager to share this notion".
All MCAS presentations are free. A small donation to pay for the rental of
the facility is always welcome.

For further information call: 964-6362 or 937-4463.

Charlene McAllister
P.O. Box 332
Little River, CA 95456
707-937-4463