Topics

Tuesday's Meeting

Eric Selje

Given the demographic of our membership, I'm apt to say it's not necessary that we meet on Tuesday this month in person. Cliff was planning on given us a Rust demo, and we can try using Zoom or Meetups for that if he's willing.

Eric

Stein Goering

I'm trying to avoid public gatherings but would be happy to participate in an on-line meeting.  I'm actually signed up for a trial version of GoToMeeting so we could use that if you'd like, though I'm OK with Zoom.  Have not used Meetups.

We'll be using GTM for our Sister City group board meeting on Monday – I've been conducting trial meetings as practice runs for our less tech-savvy members.  I also have a trial copy of GoToWebinar which I'm going to try to use to conduct our annual general membership meeting which follows the business meeting.

--stein

Sent: Saturday, March 14, 2020 10:17 AM
To: madfox@groups.io
Subject: [MadFox] Tuesday's Meeting

Given the demographic of our membership, I'm apt to say it's not necessary that we meet on Tuesday this month in person. Cliff was planning on given us a Rust demo, and we can try using Zoom or Meetups for that if he's willing.

Eric

Cliff

I can't really use the virtual stuff because of my bounce delay with the satellite. I'll wait another month if everyone is OK with that, although Becca has been monitoring the covid-19 stuff very actively. I am willing to risk Cross Plains if others are - we are doing thieve's oil when we go public...

--
Cliff
Cliff Smith / HawkRidge Enterprises
(608) 647-2366 / cliff@...

On 3/14/2020 11:31 AM, Stein Goering wrote:

I'm trying to avoid public gatherings but would be happy to participate in an on-line meeting.  I'm actually signed up for a trial version of GoToMeeting so we could use that if you'd like, though I'm OK with Zoom.  Have not used Meetups.

We'll be using GTM for our Sister City group board meeting on Monday – I've been conducting trial meetings as practice runs for our less tech-savvy members.  I also have a trial copy of GoToWebinar which I'm going to try to use to conduct our annual general membership meeting which follows the business meeting.

--stein

Eric

Stein Goering

The Cross Plains library is open today but closing early so it would be a short session even if we did try to meet there.   Given that we have access to the technology, it makes more sense to do a virtual meeting, IMO.  

Cliff, it seems like you should at least be able to connect and follow along if you don't try to share your screen.  We had people in our session last night who were using satellite connections with no apparent problems.

--stein

Sent: Monday, March 16, 2020 05:08 PM
To: MadFox@groups.io
Subject: Re: [MadFox] Tuesday's Meeting

I can't really use the virtual stuff because of my bounce delay with the satellite. I'll wait another month if everyone is OK with that, although Becca has been monitoring the covid-19 stuff very actively. I am willing to risk Cross Plains if others are - we are doing thieve's oil when we go public...

--
Cliff
Cliff Smith / HawkRidge Enterprises
(608) 647-2366 / cliff@...

On 3/14/2020 11:31 AM, Stein Goering wrote:

--stein

Eric