From: Jeff Kodysz <jeffk813@...>
To: MTMA <MTMA@groups.io>
Sent: Thu, May 10, 2018 2:39 pm
Subject: [MTMA] This weekend's launch SCRUBBED due to weather (again). #nogo

Apparently, our pleas to the weather gods have fallen on deaf ears, and Jobu has once again forsaken us. Thus, we are calling off the launch scheduled for this coming weekend for BOTh Saturday, and the make-up launch on Sunday. the forecast for both days is rain and thunderstorms.

If anyone has any pull with DARPA, maybe they could get HAARP running and send some nice weekends our way.

Next launch will be the 26th.

Jeff

Farr, Warren III W.

​All,

On Saturday 5/19 will be the annual launch of the Chagrin Falls Intermediate School (5th graders) Rocket Club. Each year, the 5th grade science class is given the opportunity to participate in rocket club where each student builds and flies a "B" class model rocket (typically Baby Bertha or Wizard/streamer).

Setup at 8:30a, launch begins at 9a. The filed is behind the Chagrin Falls High School on East Washington Street. We have about 50 kids launching three times from a six pad launching system. There are lots of drag races!

Help is most welcome. Managing that many kids and flights safely is our first priority. Demonstration flights are welcome (be aware, the field is small, so saucers are king). Email me with any questions: warren3@....

Thanks! Warren

Warren Farr

NAR 83859

Level 2

Apparently, our pleas to the weather gods have fallen on deaf ears, and Jobu has once again forsaken us. Thus, we are calling off the launch scheduled for this coming weekend for BOTh Saturday, and the make-up launch on Sunday. the forecast for both days is rain and thunderstorms.

If anyone has any pull with DARPA, maybe they could get HAARP running and send some nice weekends our way.

Next launch will be the 26th.

Jeff

Tom Augustyn

I seen that and it looks like fun! Maybe next year!!

Thanks Jeff. Anyone going to the National Sport Launch in Geneseo Memorial Day weekend? Thinking about going (weather permitting) Sunday and Monday. Have family get together Saturday or would go then.

Apparently, our pleas to the weather gods have fallen on deaf ears, and Jobu has once again forsaken us. Thus, we are calling off the launch scheduled for this coming weekend for BOTh Saturday, and the make-up launch on Sunday. the forecast for both days is rain and thunderstorms.

If anyone has any pull with DARPA, maybe they could get HAARP running and send some nice weekends our way.

Next launch will be the 26th.

Jeff

Jim Seibyl

I am headed up with CG to cover it for the Rocketry Show, Vern will be speaking at the banquet on Saturday and we understand he will be dropping some little know history!  We are very excited to have a chance to be there for that!!  I don’t think I’ll be flying anything, but it will be great to be there.

“We need more boom.”

On May 10, 2018, at 2:45 PM, John Berkey via Groups.Io <reljohn@...> wrote:

Thanks Jeff. Anyone going to the National Sport Launch in Geneseo Memorial Day weekend? Thinking about going (weather permitting) Sunday and Monday. Have family get together Saturday or would go then.

Apparently, our pleas to the weather gods have fallen on deaf ears, and Jobu has once again forsaken us. Thus, we are calling off the launch scheduled for this coming weekend for BOTh Saturday, and the make-up launch on Sunday. the forecast for both days is rain and thunderstorms.

If anyone has any pull with DARPA, maybe they could get HAARP running and send some nice weekends our way.

Next launch will be the 26th.

Jeff

John Berkey

Hope to see you guys there. Wish I could be there for the banquet to hear Vern talk, that will be special to say the least. Have a safe trip.