Topics

Request for member assistance

Jeff Kodysz

Greetings!

As you may be aware, we have two upcoming scheduled launches in August, one on the 11th, and one on the 25th. These dates have both been requested as scout troop launch days, and we have agreed to assist Cub Scout Pack 67 on the 11th and Scout Troop 3269 on the 25th. There are quite a few youngsters that will be launching on these two days, with the majority of them launching on the 25th.

This means we, YOUR club, need your assistance. I would like to formally request that anyone who can commit to volunteer to help on either or both of these two days, please let me know ASAP so I can get a head count and hopefully get these launches properly staffed. You can message the group, or if you prefer, you can email me privately at jeffk813@...

I know that sometimes these events can be like herding cats, but these young folks are the future of our hobby and need our help. We can surely take some time on a weekend or two and give them some support and guidance. Not only that, it looks good for us as an organization in the eyes of the City, who provide the site on which we fly, as well as the news media, who hold influence on public opinion of our hobby.

We really do need you. Please consider helping out if you can.

Thanks,

Jeff Kodysz
President
Mantua Township Missile Agency
NAR Section #606

Mike Nowak

Count me in for August 11. August 25 depends upon what time the wedding reception I’m going to is scheduled, but I should be there as well.
Assuming the weather is good, I plan to attend the July 14 launch as well

Mike Nowak

On Jul 5, 2018, at 7:54 AM, Jeff Kodysz <jeffk813@...> wrote:

[...]

Thanks Mike! I've got you on the list.

Jeff

On Thu, Jul 5, 2018 at 8:01 AM Mike Nowak <MikeMNowak@...> wrote:
[...]

John Ulizzi

Sadly I am tentatively scheduled to be out of town on both of those dates.  I will both of these dates in my calendar should something change.

John

On Jul 5, 2018, at 8:09 AM, Jeff Kodysz <jeffk813@...> wrote:

[...]

Gary Stricker

I plan on being at both and will help out, if something happens on my end I will let you know. ( hope the launches don’t get scrubbed lol)

On Thursday, July 5, 2018, 7:54 AM, Jeff Kodysz <jeffk813@...> wrote:

[...]

Thanks Gary,

I'll put you down in the list to help for both weekends. If it turns out you can't make it, please let me know as soon as you can.

I'm crossing everything that can legally be crossed that the weather holds up for these two weekends. Good news is that it looks pretty good for the launch this coming Saturday though!

Jeff

On Thu, Jul 5, 2018 at 4:55 PM Gary Stricker via Groups.Io <keystric=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

Is the launch this Saturday (7) ?  I thought the next launch was July 14th the second Saturday of the month

On Thursday, July 5, 2018, 5:06 PM, Jeff Kodysz <jeffk813@...> wrote:

[...]

Nope you are correct. I was thinking there was a launch this weekend but I was incorrect. The next club launch is on the 14th.

Jeff

On Jul 5, 2018, at 5:32 PM, Gary Stricker via Groups.Io <keystric@...> wrote:

[...]

Mark Recktenwald

I am available to help on August 11, but cannot be there on August 25.

--
Mark

On Thursday, July 5, 2018, 7:54:27 AM EDT, Jeff Kodysz <jeffk813@...> wrote:

[...]

August 11 may open up for me and I will do everything in my power to make it happen. Have to keep you posted...

John