Topics

locked MTMA Fall Meeting and Model Rocket Launch, Sat, 11/11/17 11:00am-12:00pm #cal-reminder

MTMA@groups.io Calendar <MTMA@...>

Reminder:
MTMA Fall Meeting and Model Rocket Launch

When:
Saturday, 11 November 2017
11:00am to 12:00pm
(GMT-05:00) America/New York

Where:
Ray Harmon Flying Field, 619 Bartlett Road, Aurora, OH

Before the Launch, at 11:00 am, MTMA will have a Fall Meeting in preparation for 2018. Agenda items include:
  • Club officers for 2018
  • Launch schedule for 2018
  • Winter season plans for ground support equipment repairs
There will be time to discuss additional topics as well. All MTMA members are strongly encourage you to attend. We are always looking for folks to step up and help out as officers, or help with the equipment. Your club needs your support!

In the event of launch cancellation due to bad weather the meeting will still be held (location TBD).

Our launch is a regular model rocket launch to be conducted in accordance with the NAR Model Rocket Safety Code. In the event of poor flying conditions, the following Sunday will be the backup flying date. Stay tuned for last minute updates.

We will start flying as soon as we wrap up our Fall Meeting and get the range set up. We fly until everyone has had enough, or 4:00 pm, whichever happens first. If you arrive late, you may find that we have already flown and packed up.

View Event.

Tom Augustyn

Is this a full launch day? Or just an 11 AM to 12 PM meeting day?

[...]

Mark Recktenwald

That should have read "11:00am-4:00pm." The launch will take place as scheduled after the meeting

Stay tuned for updates on a possible time and location change for the meeting.

--
Mark

On Wednesday, November 8, 2017, 4:50:07 PM EST, taugy via Groups.Io <taugy@...> wrote:

[...]

Okay thanks. Projected high is 37 degrees for Saturday. That will not affect whether the launch gets cancelled  will it?

[...]

Mike Nowak

As mentioned in the announcement, the plan is to have a meeting before the launch.  It is November in northeast Ohio.  I've seen forecast snow, and low temperatures forecast.  As of now, Saturday is the best weather day of the weekend.  A decision will be made closer to the time, based upon weather, just like every other launch.  What is different is that we are going to have a brief meeting before the launch.

On Wed, Nov 8, 2017 at 6:06 PM, taugy via Groups.Io <taugy@...> wrote:
[...]

Okay, thanks. I'm just trying to get a feel for the club tendencies for weather days etc. I've only attended two club launches so far both in September.