Topics

MTMA Boy Scout Troop 3269 Model Rocket Launch - Sat, 8/25/18 10:00am-4:00pm #cal-reminder

MTMA@groups.io Calendar <MTMA@...>

Reminder:
MTMA Boy Scout Troop 3269 Model Rocket Launch

When:
Saturday, 25 August 2018
10:00am to 4:00pm
(GMT-04:00) America/New York

Where:
Ray Harmon Flying Field, 619 Bartlett Road, Aurora, OH

We will be assisting the Boy Scouts of Troop 3269 launch their model rockets. This launch is weather-permitting and is subject to cancellation if the weather does not cooperate. If you're a club member, or a NAR member interested in helping out, please drop us a PM.

View Event.

Jeff Kodysz

As an addendum to the automatic calendar reminder, I have a few updates to this weekend's planned scout launch.

Initially, I believed that this launch would be fore two separate Boy Scout Troops, but I was incorrect. They are Cub Scouts.
Originally, the launch planned was two separate Packs staggered into two sessions, one starting at 10 AM and the next at 12 (ish). I was contacted yesterday by the pack leader, and informed that one of the groups had an issue with the rocket kits they sourced, and had cancelled for their group of kids. I offered our groups help to get the kids flying, but the pack leader I spoke with told me she had made a similar offer and it was declined.

Therefore, we will be having only one group of kids coming out to the launch this weekend, and since they have another event going on in the morning, they will not be out to launch until 12 (ish).

I would still like to get out to the field and set up by 10AM and any club member who would like to come out before the kids arrive can come and fly. From the last launch it would appear that this number of kids can get done launching within a couple of hours, so we should also have some time left to launch afterwards as well.

If you're coming out to assist, you don't have to get there by 10, but you're welcome to do so anyway to hang out and / or fly. If you're on the fence about coming out to assist, please come on out. To see the faces of the little ones light up when their rockets take to the sky is one of the most rewarding sights you could ever see!

As always, this is all dependent on the weather holding out. We will keep everyone in the loop as far as Go or NO-Go status as always.

Thanks!

Jeff

Reminder: