Topics

locked CWRU think[box] makerspace December 2, 2017

Wolfram v.Kiparski

Mike Nowak and I plan on spending some time at the think[box] on Saturday, December 2.  We will be using the laser cutters to cut a few model rocket parts for our own projects.  The laser cutters are ideal for cutting things like fins and centering rings.

We have held club build sessions here in the past and can do so again in the future.  Anyone is welcome to join us.

Tom Augustyn

That sounds cool! So, you guys are going Saturday December 2?

Wolfram v.Kiparski

Yes.  Meet there around noon, or whenever we decide as the date approaches.

On Nov 22, 2017 10:22 AM, "taugy via Groups.Io" <taugy@...> wrote:
That sounds cool! So, you guys are going Saturday December 2?

Tom Augustyn

Wolf,

What time do you and Mike usually meet at think tank?

Mike Nowak and I plan on spending some time at the think[box] on Saturday, December 2.  We will be using the laser cutters to cut a few model rocket parts for our own projects.  The laser cutters are ideal for cutting things like fins and centering rings.

We have held club build sessions here in the past and can do so again in the future.  Anyone is welcome to join us.

Tom Augustyn

I'm sorry. Think "box"

Mike Nowak and I plan on spending some time at the think[box] on Saturday, December 2.  We will be using the laser cutters to cut a few model rocket parts for our own projects.  The laser cutters are ideal for cutting things like fins and centering rings.

We have held club build sessions here in the past and can do so again in the future.  Anyone is welcome to join us.

Wolfram v.Kiparski

Mike suggested afternoon, and I suggested noon.  We left it at that.  Our plans are flexible.

On Nov 23, 2017 10:19 PM, "taugy via Groups.Io" <taugy@...> wrote:
I'm sorry. Think "box"

Mike Nowak and I plan on spending some time at the think[box] on Saturday, December 2.  We will be using the laser cutters to cut a few model rocket parts for our own projects.  The laser cutters are ideal for cutting things like fins and centering rings.

We have held club build sessions here in the past and can do so again in the future.  Anyone is welcome to join us.

Tom Augustyn

Okay, I'll plan on being there between 123:30 and 1 I guess. If plans change please let me know through this messaging forum or contact me via my cell phone.
810-599-3764
 I cannot make the launch tomorrow.

Tom

Mike suggested afternoon, and I suggested noon.  We left it at that.  Our plans are flexible.

On Nov 23, 2017 10:19 PM, "taugy via Groups.Io" <taugy=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
I'm sorry. Think "box"

Mike Nowak and I plan on spending some time at the think[box] on Saturday, December 2.  We will be using the laser cutters to cut a few model rocket parts for our own projects.  The laser cutters are ideal for cutting things like fins and centering rings.

We have held club build sessions here in the past and can do so again in the future.  Anyone is welcome to join us.

Tom Augustyn

Wolf,

I will not be able to make it up to the think box tomorrow. I have loaded Open Rocket 15.03 on my device and will work with it. When do you think you and Mike will hit the think box again?

Have a great weekend and have fun at the Christmas party.

Tom

Mike suggested afternoon, and I suggested noon.  We left it at that.  Our plans are flexible.

On Nov 23, 2017 10:19 PM, "taugy via Groups.Io" <taugy=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
I'm sorry. Think "box"

Mike Nowak and I plan on spending some time at the think[box] on Saturday, December 2.  We will be using the laser cutters to cut a few model rocket parts for our own projects.  The laser cutters are ideal for cutting things like fins and centering rings.

We have held club build sessions here in the past and can do so again in the future.  Anyone is welcome to join us.

Wolfram v.Kiparski

One can review the CWRU think[box] schedule here.

They're getting ready to close for the between-semesters break.  They'll only reopen at the end of January.  I can see myself going back in February, though I will not commit to a schedule right now.
-W

Tom Augustyn

I can wait until February. Maybe by that time I'll have my Precision LOC IV started and ready to figure CG/CP .

One can review the CWRU think[box] schedule here.

They're getting ready to close for the between-semesters break.  They'll only reopen at the end of January.  I can see myself going back in February, though I will not commit to a schedule right now.
-W

Jeff Kodysz

I was looking forward to meeting up with everyone and checking out the makerspace today, but unfortunately something has come up and I won't be able to make it. I'm still looking forward to it next time we go up there in the new year. I've got projects backing up in my head. :) I'm still hoping to make it to the NOTRA launch tomorrow in Amherst so if anyone is going, we may see you there, and if not, next weekend is coming up as well, with the final MTMA launch of 2017 and the Holiday Party.

Jeff

On Fri, Dec 1, 2017 at 3:25 PM, taugy via Groups.Io <taugy@...> wrote:
I can wait until February. Maybe by that time I'll have my Precision LOC IV started and ready to figure CG/CP .

One can review the CWRU think[box] schedule here.

They're getting ready to close for the between-semesters break.  They'll only reopen at the end of January.  I can see myself going back in February, though I will not commit to a schedule right now.
-W

Pat Easter

Jeff,

Just a quick note to let you all know, tomorrow’s launch is being conducted by SKYBUSTERS under NAR safety rules.
Commercial motors only.

Pat Easter
Skybusters Section Advisor
Skybusters Outreach and Education
www.skybusters.org

One can review the CWRU think[box] schedule here.

They're getting ready to close for the between-semesters break.  They'll only reopen at the end of January.  I can see myself going back in February, though I will not commit to a
schedule right now.
-W

Jeff Kodysz

Thanks for the correction, Pat. I apologize for the mixup. Either way, looking forward to attending!

Jeff