From: Mark Recktenwald via Groups.Io <markrecktenwald@...>
To: mtma <mtma@groups.io>
Sent: Thu, May 17, 2018 2:06 pm
Subject: [MTMA] Chagrin Falls Intermediate School 5th Grade Rocket Club

As Warren Farr mentioned in a post last week, the 5th Grade Rocket Club at Chagrin Falls Intermediate School will be holding their annual launch this Saturday, May 19 at 9:00 am. The launch will take place in the field behind the Chagrin Falls High School at 400 E Washington St, Chagrin Falls, OH, 44022.

We will set up at the field at 8:30 am. Warren assembled a very nice six-position "saw horse" launch stand for the two science teachers who run this program. I have been helping Warren with this launch for a number of years, and several club members have stopped out to help and fly some larger demo rockets. The field is small, so low-flying rockets are best. The students have enjoyed "barely-enough powered" mid-power rockets and E-, F-, or G-powered saucers in the past.

There will be about 50 students and each has the opportunity to fly their A- or B-powered rocket (mostly Baby Berthas and Wizards) three times. Build quality, rocket-eating trees, the random C-motor, and sports schedules generally limit the re-flights for many of the students. Past launches have generally been wrapped up in about two hours.

I know we all have been itching to fly since the weather has been uncooperative, and this launch is GO unless the winds violate the Safety Code, their is torrential rain, or thunderstorms. According to the latest forecast, the odds are in our favor!

Please consider spending a couple hours this Saturday morning paying forward.

--
Mark Recktenwald
MTMA Treasurer