Log4OM #UDP

Tom, GM8MJV

Hello and HNY to everyone.

Anyone using MSHV to log to Log4OM?

Been through most (all) UDP/TCP settings on network options - tried combination of port numbers - compared with what I have set on Log4OM. Using the ‘Log A QSO’ button as a test I cannot get any communications - the MSHV log is populated so the logging is working.
No issues with other FT8 software not being logged.

Pointers / tips welcome.

Thanks

Tom
GM8MJV

Michael, 5P1KZX

Hi Tom

Don't know if this what you are asking for:

Here I have MSHV on one computer with the Radio on 50.313. If I'm working somebody on 6m MSHV will forward the QSO when it's logged. It's done via UDP port fwd ADIF msg. The fwd port must NOT be used by anything else or it will not work.

The first picture is MSHV setting where I have chosen UDP port 2222 and the server is my PC where Log4OM is located. If MSHV are on same PC  server must be 127.0.0.1 witch "Local Host" / "Local Computer"

MSHV setting

The second picture show the setting in Log4OM where I have made a UDP Inbound Port for ADIF_MESSAGE called NET on port 2222. The first port with the nam MSHV_DIRECT has no Function in this Set-up. Only the one with the red lines are in use when fwd from MSHV to Log4OM.

UDP Port Log4OM

73 de Michael 5p1kzx

Den 02-01-2021 kl. 16:27 skrev Tom, GM8MJV:

Been through most (all) UDP/TCP settings on network options - tried combination of port numbers - compared with what I have set on Log4OM.  Using the ‘Log A QSO’ button as a test I cannot get any communications - the MSHV log is populated so the logging is working.

Pointers / tips welcome.

Thanks

Tom
GM8MJV

Tom, GM8MJV

Thanks Michael

I think I have tried that setting - the only difference is I am using a multi-cast address as other apps are picking up the data GridTracker - I will knock everything back to the 127.0.0.1 address and see if it makes any difference.

Regards

Tom
GM8MJV

On 2 Jan 2021, at 18:33, Michael, 5P1KZX <5p1kzx@...> wrote:

Hi Tom

Here I have MSHV on one computer with the Radio on 50.313. If I'm working somebody on 6m MSHV will forward the QSO when it's logged. It's done via UDP port fwd ADIF msg. The fwd port must NOT be used by anything else or it will not work.

The first picture is MSHV setting where I have chosen UDP port 2222 and the server is my PC where Log4OM is located. If MSHV are on same PC  server must be 127.0.0.1 witch "Local Host" / "Local Computer"

MSHV setting

The second picture show the setting in Log4OM where I have made a UDP Inbound Port for ADIF_MESSAGE called NET on port 2222. The first port with the nam MSHV_DIRECT has no Function in this Set-up. Only the one with the red lines are in use when fwd from MSHV to Log4OM.

UDP Port Log4OM

73 de Michael 5p1kzx

Been through most (all) UDP/TCP settings on network options - tried combination of port numbers - compared with what I have set on Log4OM.  Using the ‘Log A QSO’ button as a test I cannot get any communications - the MSHV log is populated so the logging is working.

Pointers / tips welcome.

Thanks

Tom
GM8MJV

John, ZD7JC

Hi Tom

Attached are my setting used for MSHV to Log4OM that works fine for me.

Take care, stay safe and 73

John C

John Cranfield (ZD7JC)

P.O. Box 229

Waterfall View

The Briars

St Helena Island

Postal Code: STHL 1ZZ

South Atlantic Ocean

Tel: +290 22400

Messenger: John C Ranfield

From: MSHV@groups.io <MSHV@groups.io> On Behalf Of Tom, GM8MJV
Sent: 03 January 2021 02:21
To: MSHV@groups.io
Subject: Re: [MSHV] Log4OM #udp

Thanks Michael

I think I have tried that setting - the only difference is I am using a multi-cast address as other apps are picking up the data GridTracker - I will knock everything back to the 127.0.0.1 address and see if it makes any difference.

Regards

Tom

GM8MJV

Hi Tom

MSHV setting

UDP Port Log4OM

73 de Michael 5p1kzx

Been through most (all) UDP/TCP settings on network options - tried combination of port numbers - compared with what I have set on Log4OM.  Using the ‘Log A QSO’ button as a test I cannot get any communications - the MSHV log is populated so the logging is working.

Pointers / tips welcome.

Thanks

Tom
GM8MJV

John, ZD7JC

Hi Tom

Forgot to give you my setting for Log4OM. Please see attached.

John C

John Cranfield (ZD7JC)

P.O. Box 229

Waterfall View

The Briars

St Helena Island

South Atlantic Ocean

Sent: 03 January 2021 02:21

Thanks Michael

Regards

Tom

GM8MJV

Hi Tom

MSHV setting

UDP Port Log4OM

73 de Michael 5p1kzx

Been through most (all) UDP/TCP settings on network options - tried combination of port numbers - compared with what I have set on Log4OM.  Using the ‘Log A QSO’ button as a test I cannot get any communications - the MSHV log is populated so the logging is working.

Pointers / tips welcome.

Thanks

Tom
GM8MJV

Don, G1GEY

Hi Tom

Do you have these set?

From the menu Options \ Log Options

x Log automatically QSO MSK ft8/4
x Log QSO start date time = end date time
x turn auto comments off

Don G1GEY

On 3 Jan 2021, at 02:20, Tom, GM8MJV <tom@...> wrote:

Thanks Michael

Regards

Tom
GM8MJV

Hi Tom

<MSHV ADIF forward qso.PNG>

<Adif connection NET port 2222.JPG>

73 de Michael 5p1kzx

Pointers / tips welcome.

Thanks

Tom
GM8MJV

Tom, GM8MJV

Hi Don

Not in shack at present - I would say  have all three UN-ticked as they should not affect the UDP packets.

Had another play and gave up. John (ZD7JC) looks like you are using Log4OM version 2 - I am on version 1 - one of these days will take the jump and try to find all the settings/passwords I need to upgrade.  Will keep the integration on the back burner, will see if the dev team update the UDP protocol for some of the other 3rd party tools. Or I get my finger out and upgrade logger.

Thanks for all the comments and feedback.

Tom
GM8MJV

On 3 Jan 2021, at 23:43, Don, G1GEY via groups.io <g1gey@...> wrote:

Hi Tom

Do you have these set?

x turn auto comments off

Don G1GEY

Thanks Michael

Regards

Tom
GM8MJV

Hi Tom

Here I have MSHV on one computer with the Radio on 50.313. If I'm working somebody on 6m MSHV will forward the QSO when it's logged. It's done via UDP port fwd ADIF msg. The fwd port must NOT be used       by anything else or it will not work.

73 de Michael 5p1kzx

Pointers / tips welcome.

Thanks

Tom
GM8MJV

John, ZD7JC

Hi Tom

You will not have any regrets if you upgrade to version 2. I think it’s a great piece of software.

John C

John Cranfield (ZD7JC)

P.O. Box 229

Waterfall View

The Briars

St Helena Island

South Atlantic Ocean

Sent: 04 January 2021 00:52

Hi Don

Not in shack at present - I would say  have all three UN-ticked as they should not affect the UDP packets.

Had another play and gave up. John (ZD7JC) looks like you are using Log4OM version 2 - I am on version 1 - one of these days will take the jump and try to find all the settings/passwords I need to upgrade.  Will keep the integration on the back burner, will see if the dev team update the UDP protocol for some of the other 3rd party tools. Or I get my finger out and upgrade logger.

Thanks for all the comments and feedback.

Tom

GM8MJV

On 3 Jan 2021, at 23:43, Don, G1GEY via groups.io <g1gey@...> wrote:

Hi Tom

Do you have these set?

x turn auto comments off

Don G1GEY

Thanks Michael

Regards

Tom

GM8MJV

Hi Tom

Here I have MSHV on one computer with the Radio on 50.313. If I'm working somebody on 6m MSHV will forward the QSO when it's logged. It's done via UDP port fwd ADIF msg. The fwd port must NOT be used       by anything else or it will not work.

73 de Michael 5p1kzx

Pointers / tips welcome.

Thanks

Tom
GM8MJV