UDP Broadcast Logging from MSHV to N3FJP Logging software. (how to?) #UDP

Jose KM4OOD

Edited

Has anyone been successful at adding this connection? I have set it and it does not seem to work.

Christo, LZ2HV

HI Jose
MSHV have only UDP protocol for hosting info to external log softwates
You listen only TCP protocol no UDP
This is the problem
LZ2HV Christo.

Jose KM4OOD

Any plans on adding the ability to use TCP so that users that use strickly N3FJP can take advantage of this software while still using their favorite logger? They do provide an API for developers here http://www.n3fjp.com/help/api.html

Carl, WC4H

Edited

Hi Jose.

GridTracker has a checkbox to log to N3FJP Aclogger and others.
I just recommended it for Log4OM also.  It's pretty nifty for interfacing.

It can even write the QSO to the wsjtx_log.adi file so that you can switch back and forth (if you want to) between MSHV & WSJT-X.

It will also auto upload to LoTW, ClubLog and HRDLog.

You can choose to track or not track grids.

73.
Carl - WC4H

Jose KM4OOD

I am currently testing this option, I did see the suggestion on the other thread/topic, Unfortunately, its not a real solution as it does consume more resources from the PC running it thus making it harder to deploy a cheaper solution that another software could do with one software. In this case, the only real reason to use this software for my particular use is the fact that it creates a cue for those stations that have called back my CQ. I am waiting for this software to become better and better and I have seen it done so int he past year. Hopefully, the developers hear our requests and this is implemented.

Carl, WC4H

I run this on an Odroid XU4 with 2GB of ram.  Don't have many resources there and it runs fine.

Here's a link to some pics with the configuration for Linux.  Most of it can be translated to Windows.
If you need the specifc config for MSHV + N3FJP let me know.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1wR_PjcW8sKZMwg2zQMJm3dRz13EMb3tm
73.

Carl- WC4H

Jose KM4OOD