without fees?

johnrigsec@...

In a message dated 15-01-04 10:29:26 GMT Standard Time,
david-taylor@blueyonder.co.uk writes:

Welcome to the group!

At some point, these images will be available on the Internet, and
perhaps that will be "free" for you.
All,

My understanding is that there will be an MSG Internet Service provided by
EUMETSAT.
This will be a two tier system - one free access to restricted data sets and
a full/er system which will require registration with EUMETSAT and password
access.

Regards,
John Tellick.

johnrigsec@...

In a message dated 15-01-04 11:05:53 GMT Standard Time,
agm@tonbridge-school.org writes:

I believe Rob Alblas from the Dutch group has a program called xrit2pic
which will decode msg data, I think it's free. Data Manager from David Taylor is
an excellent program and well worth the small registration fee.

Cheers, Guy
Antonio,

After encryption starts in March 2004 you will only be able to receive
(directly) the
un-encrypted slots of HRIT and LRIT data at 24:00, 06:00, 12:00 and 18:00.

That is if you have not registered with EUMETSAT, have a license from your
national Met. Office and have purchased the eToken EKU and software.

Regards,
John Tellick.

Ant贸nio Vitor <antonio.vitor@...>

this is my first writing in this group!
:)
I am one of those who only read and do not post...

I want to become another one that receives "beautifull" images from the sky...I already have a Skystar 2...(with a motorised satelite antena universal LNB) but I DO NOT want to spend anything...
money is the primal obstacle.

my question:
there is a way to receive without any fee?

if there isn't then...I will quit
:)

Regards!
Ant贸nio Vitor
From Portugal.

David J Taylor GM8ARV 馃彺鬆仹鬆仮鬆伋鬆仯鬆伌鬆伩 馃嚜馃嚭

--- In MSG-1@yahoogroups.com, Ant贸nio Vitor <antonio.vitor@s...>
wrote:
this is my first writing in this group!
:)
I am one of those who only read and do not post...

I want to become another one that receives "beautifull" images
from the sky...I already have a Skystar 2...(with a motorised
satelite antena universal LNB) but I DO NOT want to spend anything...
money is the primal obstacle.

my question:
there is a way to receive without any fee?

if there isn't then...I will quit
:)

Regards!
Ant贸nio Vitor
From Portugal.
Ant贸nio,

Welcome to the group!

At some point, these images will be available on the Internet, and
perhaps that will be "free" for you.

Right now:

- at the very minimum you need the Telliqeue software from Eumetsat
costing 60 Euros.

- if you want data more frequently than once every 6 hours, you will
need an electronic key called an eToken, costing 40 Euros.

- you will also need software to decode the data. I offer the MSG
Data Manager costing about 72 Euro, but there is also free, non-
automated software available as well.

Ant贸nio Vitor <antonio.vitor@...>

thanks for the reply David...
I guess I will wait for "better" days...
;)

Guy Martin <agm@...>