Topics

What's in a name.

Douglas Deans <douglas@...>

Perhaps someone will explain to me someday why Eumetsat refer to scans as
repeat cycles in their messages.
Would it not be better to just say, for example, scan 11.30 rather than
repeat cycle 11.30. What is it that is being repeated. (other than another
'x' revolutions of the satellite). Repeat seems to suggest it is data sent
before... it certainly is not that.

James Brown <james@...>

In message <001501c397d9$b2ee87a0$0100a8c0@douglas>, Douglas Deans <douglas@...> writes
Perhaps someone will explain to me someday why Eumetsat refer to scans as
repeat cycles in their messages.
Would it not be better to just say, for example, scan 11.30 rather than
repeat cycle 11.30. What is it that is being repeated. (other than another
'x' revolutions of the satellite). Repeat seems to suggest it is data sent
before... it certainly is not that.

Very strange Douglas, when I came back in this afternoon and saw the messages I thought exactly the same thing - but then I thought - oh what an ignoramus I must be, obviously everyone else knows why - well except you Douglas - so now there are two of us!!

Cheers,
James
--
James Brown

Trevor David <tdavid@...>

>Perhaps someone will explain to me someday why Eumetsat refer to scans as
>repeat cycles in their messages.
>Would it not be better to just say, for example, scan 11.30 rather than
>repeat cycle 11.30. What is it that is being repeated. (other than another
>'x' revolutions of the satellite). Repeat seems to suggest it is data sent
>before... it certainly is not that.
>
>Regards
>Douglas.

Very strange Douglas, when I came back in this afternoon and saw the
messages I thought exactly the same thing - but then I thought - oh what
an ignoramus I must be, obviously everyone else knows why - well except
you Douglas - so now there are two of us!!

Cheers,
James
--
James Brown
No make that three
regards

trevor

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

Douglas Deans <douglas@...>

>Perhaps someone will explain to me someday why Eumetsat refer to scans
as
>repeat cycles in their messages.
>Would it not be better to just say, for example, scan 11.30 rather than
>repeat cycle 11.30. What is it that is being repeated. (other than
another
>'x' revolutions of the satellite). Repeat seems to suggest it is data
sent
>before... it certainly is not that.
>
>Regards
>Douglas.

Very strange Douglas, when I came back in this afternoon and saw the
messages I thought exactly the same thing - but then I thought - oh what
an ignoramus I must be, obviously everyone else knows why - well except
you Douglas - so now there are two of us!!

Cheers,
James
--
James Brown
No make that three
regards

trevor

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

Douglas Deans <douglas@...>

>Perhaps someone will explain to me someday why Eumetsat refer to
scans
as
>repeat cycles in their messages.
>Would it not be better to just say, for example, scan 11.30 rather
than
>repeat cycle 11.30. What is it that is being repeated. (other than
another
>'x' revolutions of the satellite). Repeat seems to suggest it is
data
sent
>before... it certainly is not that.
>
>Regards
>Douglas.

Very strange Douglas, when I came back in this afternoon and saw the
messages I thought exactly the same thing - but then I thought - oh
what
an ignoramus I must be, obviously everyone else knows why - well
except
you Douglas - so now there are two of us!!

Cheers,
James
--
James Brown
No make that three
regards

trevor

Sorry Trevor, in the excitement of not being alone I accidentally re-sent
your reply back to the group.
Dangerous stuff being on-line.

Douglas.