Virtual MPE Decoder Adapter, TBS 6903 card, Windows 10

diogenes1@...

Hello all, I have HVS1 and HVS2 on this card. HVS2 data is downloading as it should but on the TBS tuner tab for HVS1 there is the following message; "Make sure you have installed the Virtual MPE Decoder Adapter Driver"
Can anyone shine a light on this for me?
Regards, Peter

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

On 05/05/2022 11:30, diogenes1 via groups.io wrote:
Hello all, I have HVS1 and HVS2 on this card. HVS2 data is downloading as it
should but on the TBS tuner tab for HVS1 there is the following message; "Make
sure you have installed the Virtual MPE Decoder Adapter Driver"
Can anyone shine a light on this for me?
Regards, Peter
Peter,

If this is with BDADataEx then there should be a file after install named
something like "addtap.bat", containing a variant of:

rem Add a new TAP DVB virtual ethernet adapter
"C:\Tools\BDADataEx\tap\devcon.exe" install
"C:\Tools\BDADataEx\tap\OemWin2k.inf" tap0901dvb
pause

(all on one line!) and you tun that a second time (if needed). Can't help if
you're using the TBS software.

There's also a file "deltapall.bat" conatining:

echo WARNING: this script will delete ALL TAP DVB virtual adapters (use the
device manager to delete adapters one at a time)
pause
"C:\Tools\BDADataEx\tap\devcon.exe" remove tap0901dvb
pause

The directory specified will depend where you installed the software.

This is just a guide - experiment at your own risk!

Hope that helps!

Cheers.

diogenes1@...

Thank you David for your reply, I installed BDADataEx and after entering the ip address in the TAP adapter I began to download data again. At the moment I have BDADataEx running on one of the 6903 card outputs and TBS software on the other. Would it be possible to run two copies of BDADataEx on the same pc?
Regards, Peter

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

On 09/05/2022 12:24, diogenes1 via groups.io wrote:
Thank you David for your reply, I installed BDADataEx and after entering the ip
address in the TAP adapter I began to download data again. At the moment I have
BDADataEx running on one of the 6903 card outputs and TBS software on the
other. Would it be possible to run two copies of BDADataEx on the same pc?
Regards, Peter
Peter,

That's good news!

Yes, you can run two copies (e.g. for transponders 1 and 2) and I have brief
notes at the end of this Web page:

https://www.satsignal.eu/wxsat/dvb-s2/T1-T2.html

On 09/05/2022 12:24, diogenes1 via groups.io wrote:
Thank you David for your reply, I installed BDADataEx and after entering the ip
address in the TAP adapter I began to download data again. At the moment I have
BDADataEx running on one of the 6903 card outputs and TBS software on the
other. Would it be possible to run two copies of BDADataEx on the same pc?
Regards, Peter
In particular:

https://www.satsignal.eu/wxsat/dvb-s2/T1-T2.html#single-cable