Urgent Maintenance on EUMETCast Europe

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

Urgent Maintenance on EUMETCast Europe. There is a risk of interruption to the following services during the maintenance period: Basic (Transponder 1), HVS-1 (High Volume Service on Transponder 1) and HVS-2 (Transponder 2).

Start Time: 2021/07/13 09:00
End Time: 2021/07/13 12:00

https://uns.eumetsat.int/ => announcement 7139.

From their Twitter feed - you are following, aren't you?

https://twitter.com/eumetsat_users

Heiko Schellhorn

Am 12.07.21 um 16:18 schrieb David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴 🇪🇺 via groups.io:
Urgent Maintenance on EUMETCast Europe. There is a risk of interruption to the following services during the maintenance period: Basic (Transponder 1), HVS-1 (High Volume Service on Transponder 1) and HVS-2 (Transponder 2).
Start Time:    2021/07/13 09:00
End Time:    2021/07/13 12:00
https://uns.eumetsat.int/ => announcement 7139.
From their Twitter feed - you are following, aren't you?
Many thanks !!

This was also announced on Friday in the "Weekly Operations Schedule" one can also subscribe.

Cheers

Heiko

  https://twitter.com/eumetsat_users

Dipl. Inf. Heiko Schellhorn

University of Bremen Room: NW1-U 2065
Inst. of Environmental Physics Phone: +49(0)421 218 62091
P.O. Box 33 04 40 Fax: +49(0)421 218 62070
D-28334 Bremen Mail: mailto:schell@iup.physik.uni-bremen.de
Germany www:
http://www.iup.uni-bremen.de/~schell
http://www.sciamachy.de
http://www.esa-ghg-cci.org

The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts,
while the stupid ones are full of confidence.
- Charles Bukowski -

geojohnt@...

David,

Thanks for the notification.

And thanks to Ian and Douglas for their SNR reports.

I emailed Ops at lunchtime with my several days of readings as reported on this group recently.
They informed me of tomorrows transponders re-calibration.
Fingers crossed????

I would love to see 13.8 dB SNR regularly on TP 1 again (:-)).

Regards,
John

++++++++++++++++++

Urgent Maintenance on EUMETCast Europe. There is a risk of interruption to the
following services during the maintenance period: Basic (Transponder 1), HVS-1
(High Volume Service on Transponder 1) and HVS-2 (Transponder 2).

Start Time:    2021/07/13 09:00
End Time:    2021/07/13 12:00

https://uns.eumetsat.int/ => announcement 7139.

From their Twitter feed - you are following, aren't you?

Cornish Man

Hello

HVS1 & 2 is down for me now

Jan

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Urgent Maintenance on EUMETCast Europe. There is a risk of interruption to the

following services during the maintenance period: Basic (Transponder 1), HVS-1

(High Volume Service on Transponder 1) and HVS-2 (Transponder 2).

Start Time:    2021/07/13 09:00

End Time:    2021/07/13 12:00

https://uns.eumetsat.int/ => announcement 7139.

From their Twitter feed - you are following, aren't you?

On 12/07/2021 16:42, Cornish Man via groups.io wrote:
Hello
HVS1 & 2 is down for me now
Jan
Jan,

Everyone else is getting throughput:

https://www.satsignal.eu/mrtg/performance_eumetcast-europe_rx_io.php

Local weather?

Cornish Man

Hi

I am not receiving 600 and 601 PiDs

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

On 12/07/2021 16:42, Cornish Man via groups.io wrote:

> Hello

> HVS1 & 2 is down for me now

> Jan

Jan,

Everyone else is getting throughput:

   https://www.satsignal.eu/mrtg/performance_eumetcast-europe_rx_io.php

Local weather?

Ian Deans

On 12/07/2021 16:14, geojohnt via groups.io wrote:
David,
Thanks for the notification.
And thanks to Ian and Douglas for their SNR reports.
I emailed Ops at lunchtime with my several days of readings as reported on this group recently.
They informed me of tomorrows transponders re-calibration.
Fingers crossed????
I would love to see 13.8 dB SNR regularly on TP 1 again (:-)).
Regards,
John

It would appear that the results of this mornings transponder re-calibration are not good, with my signal almost back to the original lows of 36 hours ago and my 50% increase yesterday gone.

On 13/07/2021 16:55, Ian Deans via groups.io wrote:
It would appear that the results of this mornings transponder
re-calibration are not good, with my signal almost back to the original
lows of 36 hours ago and my 50% increase yesterday gone.
Similar feelings here, but I'll confirm tomorrow.

Please report to EUMETSAT.

geojohnt@...

Hello David and Ian,

Well, my SNR is 13.7 to 13.9 stepping with clear skies.
That matches the 'higher' SNR that I've seen over the last couple of days compared the the SNR going all over the place over the last few weeks.

My Power level is back to the long term normal level of -25 dBm steady compared to an extended period of -23dBm over the recent signal variations.

So, what to say.
I'll report my readings to Ops.

Regards,
John