Topics

Unknown Satelllite Frequency

MZFB@...

Hello
Yesterday I was tuning around the GOES 16 satellite frequency and I came across this Frequency 1693000.373 with some sort of signal. Does happen to know what Satellite it might coming from? Just curious!
Thanks
Mike

Jerry

The GOES 16 signal at 1693.0 MHz is the satellite housekeeping telemetry.  The signal is BPSK/RHC.  The BW is 80 KHz.

On Feb 7, 2021 7:26 AM, "MZFB via groups.io" <MZFB@...> wrote:
Hello
Yesterday I was tuning around the GOES 16 satellite frequency and I came across this Frequency 1693000.373 with some sort of signal. Does happen to know what Satellite it might coming from? Just curious!
Thanks
Mike

MZFB@...

Thanks Jerry also I forgot to ask in my post and maybe you would know does the GOES satellite emit a chirp by chance? I hear
 the regular digital raspy sound when the satellite is transmitting data but when its not transmitting I hear a faint chirp.  When I move the dish off the GOES compass heading it goes away.
Thanks
Mike