twin ?

a_van_belle

Hello Ap,

I use a twin LNB (ALPS) for hotbird.
Both outputs give the same level over here.

Use the second output for my Nokia mediamaster 9500 or testing on a second MSG receive PC.
Please note that the signal quality reading is hardware/software dependent.
On a 80 cm dish I have 70-75% on Skystar2 rev2.3 and about 60-62% on Skystar2 rev. 2.6B. Using driver version 4.22. Have heard that USB box or driver 4.28 (this driver is not recommended) show different SQ levels making it very difficult to compare with others.

Be sure to check the status screen, the figure in field "uncorrected blocks" If this remains 0 (monitor at least 1 hour) then your system should be OK.

Greetings,
Arne van Belle

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

I use a twin LNB (ALPS) for hotbird.
Both outputs give the same level over here.
Arne, Ap,

I may have confused things - by twin does Ap mean an LNB with two
outputs? If so, my comment about signal strength was wrong.

I had thought that he meant two offset LNBs looking at a single
dish, so that you could view both Hotbird and, say, Astra at the
same time. That way you keep both the family and the MSG-1
enthusiast happy with just one dish on the house!

a_van_belle

--- In MSG-1@yahoogroups.com, "David Taylor" <david-taylor@b...>
wrote:
I use a twin LNB (ALPS) for hotbird.
Both outputs give the same level over here.
Arne, Ap,

I may have confused things - by twin does Ap mean an LNB with two
outputs? If so, my comment about signal strength was wrong.

I had thought that he meant two offset LNBs looking at a single
dish, so that you could view both Hotbird and, say, Astra at the
same time. That way you keep both the family and the MSG-1
enthusiast happy with just one dish on the house!

Right David, all these terms are confusing.

I (and I gues Ap also) use a single LNB equipped with dual output (2
f connectors) This way you can connect two receivers to receive from
the same dish/direction. The receivers can switch independently to
Horizontal/vertical or high/low band without interfering. If you use
a 2 way power splitter to "divide" the signal from a single LNB with
single output, the LNB can only be used in one band and one
polarisation.
Quad/eight output LNB's are also available if you think of sharing
Hotbird with your neighbours !

And to make it more confusing I have a dual LNB setup, both with dual
output. This makes it possible to connect two receivers to Hotbird
(center LNB) and also have two receivers on Astra (offset LNB.

Be aware that you do need 4 cables this way !
Advantage is having to place only one dish, giving Astra and Hotbird
TV simultaniuos with MSG data !

Look at the image 80cmMSGdish.jpg in the files area, this is my
equipment just after install, using one single output LNB and one
dual output LNB.

Greetings,
Arne van Belle

Ap van Weeren

Fine, Arne and David, that solves the problem. Two cables from the
dish on the balcony, (without decreasing signalstrength)one for the
comp. one for the sittingroom.
Saw your pic on the list Arne. Will use that in the future as well.
As always mny tks you both, gr, Ap