TP 1 SNR - 'level.'

geojohnt@...

Hello All,

Mmmm, something seems to be going on?

I noticed my clear sky SNR around 11:15 this morning had dropped from 13.2/3 dB to 12.00 dB.
And later went down to 11.8 dB.

It's now at 11:59 gone up to 12.3 dB.
Slowly rising back to normal, hopefully.

Regards,
John Tellick.

Douglas Deans

On 23/01/2021 12:00, geojohnt via groups.io wrote:
Hello All,
Mmmm, something seems to be going on?
I noticed my clear sky SNR around 11:15 this morning had dropped from 13.2/3 dB to 12.00 dB.
And later went down to 11.8 dB.
It's now at 11:59 gone up to 12.3 dB.
Slowly rising back to normal, hopefully.
Regards,
John Tellick.

Weather in Europe is awful. I suspect that is the issue.

On 23/01/2021 12:11, Douglas Deans via groups.io wrote:
Weather in Europe is awful. I suspect that is the issue.
Yes, Europe-wide, both transponders.

https://www.satsignal.eu/mrtg/performance_eumetcast-europe_link_margin.php

geojohnt@...

David and Douglas,

I animate MSG-4 IR Europe sector 24/7 and there was indeed a lot of bad weather in Europe but the worst (purple) was east of eastern Austria.
Around the two uplink stations at that time is was fairly 'clear' compared to the east.

But something certainly whacked the signal.

Regards,
John..