Topics

TP 1 data rate.

geojohnt@...

Hello All,

Does anyone know the current total and maximum possible data rate, that TP 1 can disseminate?

I saw a couple of bursts of + 74 Mbps yesterday around 12:19 UTC.

Also, my instances of 2-3 second 'bursts' of negative Mbps with the SR1 dials seems to be increasing.
Or perhaps I'm just spending too much time at the computer?

Hello All,

Does anyone know the current total and maximum possible data rate, that TP 1 can disseminate?

I saw a couple of bursts of + 74 Mbps yesterday around 12:19 UTC.

Also, my instances of 2-3 second 'bursts' of negative Mbps with the SR1 dials seems to be increasing.
Or perhaps I'm just spending too much time at the computer?

======================================

John,

Expand the EUMETCast Europe section here:

https://www.eumetsat.int/website/home/Data/DataDelivery/EUMETCast/ReceptionStationSetup/index.html

77 Mbps at the IP level. Same for TP2.

geojohnt@...

David,

Thanks for the link.

I was aware that there was a 'new' update for Tellicast and a new EKU available but had forgotten about it.

Reading it again suggests that you can continue to use the 'old system.'
Which is probably why I did nothing and forgot about it.

However EUMETSAT no longer support the older version of Tellicast software.

So, without bothering Ops at this time, what is the advantage(?) of 2.14.5?
And the advantage(?) of the new EKU.

I thought all of us with old EKU's would be supplied with a new one - but this seems not to be the case?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

John,

Expand the EUMETCast Europe section here:

  https://www.eumetsat.int/website/home/Data/DataDelivery/EUMETCast/ReceptionStationSetup/index.html

77 Mbps at the IP level.  Same for TP2.

Thanks for the link.

I was aware that there was a 'new' update for Tellicast and a new EKU available but had forgotten about it.

Reading it again suggests that you can continue to use the 'old system.'
Which is probably why I did nothing and forgot about it.

However EUMETSAT no longer support the older version of Tellicast software.

So, without bothering Ops at this time, what is the advantage(?) of 2.14.5?
And the advantage(?) of the new EKU.

I thought all of us with old EKU's would be supplied with a new one - but this seems not to be the case?

=====================================

John,

I think that if you break your eToken it will be replaced with a new model (requiring a software update, of course).

I recall (vaguely) that newer versions of TelliCast may require the newer eToken. Other than that it was updates and fixes. At one stage TelliCast was updated for some of the new data, but you'd have to search back through the group archive for more info. There is a search function. Or use the Internet!

geojohnt@...

Thanks David,

When life gets back to normal - when - I'll bother Ops.
Or wait till we all get over to Darmstadt again.
But I ain't 'getting into a plane' (or train, tube or bus) any time soon!

Can't even get my ' socially closed' car into France via the Channel Tunnel which is still running - to restock my wine cellar from Carrefour.

Essential travel only allowed and requiring a written permit from the French before entry.
'Interestingly' since lockdown 609 illegal immigrants have arrived/been picked up, in the Channel.

Stay safe everyone, it's not over yet!

Web: https://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor@...
Twitter: @gm8arv