Von: MSG-1@groups.io [mailto:MSG-1@groups.io] Im Auftrag von geojohnt via Groups.Io
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 13. November 2019 13:34
An: msg-1@groups.io
Betreff: [MSG-1] TP 1.

All,

Ah good.

Well, not, really.

I've just accessed David's EUMETCast Europe reporting page and found that everyone is experiencing 'dropped' SNR.

Mine was down to 9.7 dB earlier which caused HVS-1 to lose lock.

I'm back up to 11.3/4 at 12:30 UTC - where it should be 13.0 dB.

Regards,

John T.

geojohnt@...

Hello Hartmut,

Goodness!

Leise rieselt der Schnee .....

Good news for the upcoming winter sport season and my favourite Ski Sprungen.

SNR slowly creeping up - snowfall easing off, or men out sweeping the dish with brooms?

Best wishes,
John.

++++++++++++++

 In a message dated 13/11/2019 12:37:18 GMT Standard Time, mail@... writes:

Signal drop is caused due to excessive snow fall in Aflenz Austria (Satellite Uplink): 800mm in 24h!

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

Hi all!

Signal drop is caused due to excessive snow fall in Aflenz Austria (Satellite Uplink): 800mm in 24h!

Regards

Hartmut
================================

Thanks for that report, Hartmut.

Interesting that it didn't seem to affect TP2 anything like as much. Perhaps TP2 is being uplinked from Vienna?

Thomas Scheelen

Wow.... that's pretty much snow.

Regards Thomas

Am 13. November 2019 17:48:12 schrieb "David J Taylor via Groups.Io" <gm8arv=yahoo.co.uk@groups.io>:

Hi all!

Signal drop is caused due to excessive snow fall in Aflenz Austria
(Satellite Uplink): 800mm in 24h!

Regards

Hartmut
================================

Thanks for that report, Hartmut.

Interesting that it didn't seem to affect TP2 anything like as much.
Perhaps TP2 is being uplinked from Vienna?

This e-mail was checked for spam by the freeware edition of CleanMail.
The freeware edition is restricted to personal and non-commercial use.
You can remove this notice by purchasing a commercial license:
http://antispam.byteplant.com/products/cleanmail/index.html

LaurentD

Hi to the group!

I still suffer from a big drop of my SNR from 13.5dB normally to 8.5dB currently for the BS with
several segments losses for each 15 min cycle.
And I'm not able to receive the HVS TP1 for this reason.

Am I still the only one in this case? Is it related to the snow in Austria (uplink station)?

Location: Paris
DVB-S2 receiver: NOVRA S300E

Best regards,
Laurent

Douglas Deans

On 22/12/2019 10:14, LaurentD wrote:
Hi to the group!
I still suffer from a big drop of my SNR from 13.5dB normally to 8.5dB currently for the BS with
several segments losses for each 15 min cycle.
And I'm not able to receive the HVS TP1 for this reason.
Am I still the only one in this case? Is it related to the snow in Austria (uplink station)?
Location: Paris
DVB-S2 receiver: NOVRA S300E
Best regards,
Laurent

Hello Laurent,

I live in central Scotland where the signal is quite marginal and at the moment TP1 is 12.2 dB which is normal for here.
I would suggest that you have a problem somewhere on your system, perhaps a failing LNB, faulty cable etc.

I hope you find the problem Laurent.

Best regards,
Douglas.

LaurentD

Thanks Douglas for this confirmation.
I need to investigate what is wrong from the antenna to the receiver.
Even after a reboot of the Novra, the signal is still "weak".
(usually, around 14dB for the BS).

Best regards,
Laurent

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

Thanks Douglas for this confirmation.
I need to investigate what is wrong from the antenna to the receiver.
Even after a reboot of the Novra, the signal is still "weak".
(usually, around 14dB for the BS).

Best regards,
Laurent
==================================

Laurent,

You can always check for Europe-wide issues here:

https://www.satsignal.eu/mrtg/performance_eumetcast-europe_link_margin.php

and there are some Novra receivers on some of the pages.

Thomas Scheelen

Hi
here in sw Germany the signal is normal.
Regards
Thomas

Am 22. Dezember 2019 15:32:49 schrieb "David J Taylor via Groups.Io" <david-taylor=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io>:

Thanks Douglas for this confirmation.
I need to investigate what is wrong from the antenna to the receiver.
Even after a reboot of the Novra, the signal is still "weak".
(usually, around 14dB for the BS).

Best regards,
Laurent
==================================

Laurent,

You can always check for Europe-wide issues here:

https://www.satsignal.eu/mrtg/performance_eumetcast-europe_link_margin.php

and there are some Novra receivers on some of the pages.

This e-mail was checked for spam by the freeware edition of CleanMail.
The freeware edition is restricted to personal and non-commercial use.
You can remove this notice by purchasing a commercial license:
http://antispam.byteplant.com/products/cleanmail/index.html

LaurentD

Thanks David for the link. Very useful.
But could you remind me how to calculate the link margin?
The Novra Management Console indicates the Carrier to Noise in dB.

Cheers,
Laurent

LaurentD

Cheers Thomas for your report.

Best regards,
Laurent

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

Thanks David for the link. Very useful.
But could you remind me how to calculate the link margin?
The Novra Management Console indicates the Carrier to Noise in dB.

Cheers,
Laurent
==============================

Laurent,

For HVS-1 and HVS-2, link margin is SNR - 9.3 dB. I forget the figure for the Basic Service. Perhaps someone else remembers? A link margin of 4 dB is recommended.

David and Laurent

For the Basic Service link margin is SNR - 5.9 dB.

Merry Christmas
Ernst

Cornish Man

I wish I had 13 Db,

The best i am able to get is 12.1 on 11263.500
Might have to invest in a larger dish

jan

On Monday, 23 December 2019, 19:43:35 GMT, Ernst Lobsiger via Groups.Io <ernst.lobsiger@...> wrote:

David and Laurent

For the Basic Service link margin is SNR - 5.9 dB.

Merry Christmas
Ernst

LaurentD

Many thanks David, Ernst and Jan for the link margin values for BS and HVS.
I'm going to check first the dish alignment and then the LNB, cables...

Merry Christmas!

Laurent