The LNB, God bless it.

diogenes1@...

Hello all,
I have finally had a 1.1m dish erected for HVS1/2 and I used my quad Inverto LNB from my previous setup. It worked fine for a few minutes on both channels with satisfactory signal levels and then it just packed up. I have used Inverto LNBs over the years and had frequent failures. I know that it seems to be the LNB of choice in this Group but is there a more reliable alternative somewhere out there?
Regards, Peter

Ernst Lobsiger

On Sat, Jul 17, 2021 at 06:10 AM, <diogenes1@...> wrote:
Hello all,
I have finally had a 1.1m dish erected for HVS1/2 and I used my quad Inverto LNB from my previous setup. It worked fine for a few minutes on both channels with satisfactory signal levels and then it just packed up. I have used Inverto LNBs over the years and had frequent failures. I know that it seems to be the LNB of choice in this Group but is there a more reliable alternative somewhere out there?
Regards, Peter
Peter,

my QUAD Inverto Black ULTRA LNB has now run for 8 years (mostly with GNU/Linux TC receivers on all four 25m cables 24/7) with a bunch of different TBS PCIe cards. None of your problems so far ...