Test activation of the backup satellite for EUMETCast Europe

geojohnt@...

Hello All,

Many of you will have received this notice today, but for those who haven't, here it is.

I'll be having a go - in fact I tried an 'in preparation quick look' a couple of weeks ago to check my offending shadowing neighbours fir tree.
I'll have to move my dish slightly as well of course swinging it 3 degrees.

Perhaps someone can answer if it's easy to retune the SR1 temporarily to the 'new' TP1 channel.

Regards,
John T.

-----Original Message-----
To: EUMETSAT User Helpdesk <OPS@...>
Sent: Tue, 16 Mar 2021 15:27
Subject: Test activation of the backup satellite for EUMETCast Europe

Dear EUMETCast-Europe User,

We mentioned previously that we would perform a test activation of the EUMETCast Europe service on the backup satellite HOTBIRD 13C (HB13C).

This test activation is now planned from 3 to 7 May 2021.

You can participate by receiving the EUMETCast Europe traffic from HB13C.

For full details on the reception parameters and setup requirements, please see our web news:

Note that the operational service on EUTELSAT 10A will not be affected by this test.

With best regards,

EUMETSAT User Service

The email message you have received has been written by a EUMETSAT contractor, and although sent in good faith shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by EUMETSAT, except where provided for in a written agreement or contract or if explicitly stated in the email. Please note that any opinions presented in this email are solely those of the contractor, working independently and not as an employee of EUMETSAT, and as such does not necessarily represent and share the views of EUMETSAT.

This message and any attachments are intended for the sole use of the addressee(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorised use, disclosure, dissemination or distribution (in whole or in part) of its contents is not permitted. If you received this message in error, please notify the sender and delete it from your system.