From: "John Parkins" <kvp@...>
Sent: Friday, November 07, 2003 11:40 AM
Subject: [MSG-1] Tellique Software version?

Hello,

What version of the Tellique software are you all running?

I'll explain when I had some response.

--
Best regards,
John mailto:kvp@...

Trevor Davies <g0jix@...>

John

SNAP!

73 de Trevor G0JIX
All mail scanned with Norton.

The one that gives the version 2.3.0a on the HTML shell program.

Best regards - Alan

> What version of the Tellique software are you all running?
>
> I'll explain when I had some response.
>

> --
> Best regards,
> John mailto:kvp@...

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

What version of the Tellique software are you all running?
2.3.1 (200308111316300)

David

James Brown

In message <13311382687.20031107104007@...>, John Parkins <kvp@...> writes
Hello,

What version of the Tellique software are you all running?

I'll explain when I had some response.

Does this really help John without correlating a bit more? E.g.

1. Do you get lots of missing segments?

2. Are you using 2.3.0(a) or 2.3.1?

3. Which Operating system?

4. What are your very lowest signal strength readings?

5. How many channels do you receive out of the full data set?

6. Do you receive other data like RSS or MDD?

7. Computer details.

For me it would be:

1. No

2. 2.3.0a (But upgrading tonight to 2.3.1)

3. Windows XP

4. 69%

5. 3 HRIT Full FSD No LRIT

6. No

7. Athlon 1800 500mb ram single computer setup DVB card Sky 2 (not latest)

Even with this data, I fear there may be some other aspect that we are missing.

Anyway, all power to the elbow of those trying to resolve the issue.

James
--
James Brown

a_van_belle

--- In MSG-1@..., John Parkins <kvp@b...> wrote:
What version of the Tellique software are you all running?

John,

I run TQ 2.3.1 (Beta ?) at the moment and used 2.3.0a from May up to
September 18th without problems.

With TQ231 the scardsvr.exe process does not leak memory.
TQ230 causes scardsvr.exe to leak 8 bit/minute, but only if no eToken
is inserted.

Both versions do behave the same on my system.
Learned that a fast growing 0.fsy file under tellique&#92;receiving&#92;tmp
does show there is a problem. Normally it grows with a few MB per
hour until the 102.400 kbyte limit is reached, then it is renamed
1.fsy and a new 0.fsy is created.

Did notice that with bad signal conditions this file grows very
rapidly.

Greetings,
Arne van Belle

Guy Martin <agm@...>

Rx PC Duron 800 on A-Bit KT7 256 Mb ram running Win2K SP3
Original DVB card ( May )
Tellique Software Original 2.3.0a ? ( at work presently so can't check )
All un-needed services disabled !!
90cm dish ex local sat. shop, LNB and DVB ex Timestep

Main PC Athlon 1200 on Gigabyte VKML 512 Mb Win2K SP3
MDM causes 100% processor when decompressing

Useage: All day weekends + all evening depending on weather interest
No lost segments or wind problems since install 70% signal BER=0
Location NW Kent

Cheers, Guy

What version of the Tellique software are you all running?

I'll explain when I had some response.

--
Best regards,
John mailto:kvp@...

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

----------

Ian S Deans <ian@...>

John,

I am running 2.3.0a but keep in mind there have been some minor updates
within that version, mainly, as far as I am aware, to do with automation.

Ian.

John Parkins <kvp@...>

Hello,

Thanks for the response. It seems there are two version in common use
and both appear to be working.

I asked because Eumetsat kindly sent me what they told me was an
update, to be quite honest I thought I already had the latest version
but apparently not. The version sent is 2.3.1, I had been using 2.3.0a.
Also included on the disk were some files associated with the future
use of the USB dongle.

Anyway great service from Eumetsat, I got the email from them on
Wednesday and the software arrived this morning. Thanks very much both
Pamela and Sally.

Friday, November 7, 2003, 10:40:07 AM, you wrote:

JP> Hello,

JP> What version of the Tellique software are you all running?

JP> I'll explain when I had some response.

--
Best regards,
John mailto:kvp@...

Luca Bertagnolio <lucaberta@...>

John,

could you let us know exactly what other software is included? File
name, size and date would be nice to know.

Also, any text or readme files?

Thanks, Luca

--- In MSG-1@..., John Parkins <kvp@b...> wrote:
Also included on the disk were some files associated with the future
use of the USB dongle.

John Parkins <kvp@...>

Hello Luca,

A folder called Tellique containing a file called t-systems-setup.EXE
24/09/2003 1408KB

A folder called EKU_software which contains a file called eToken
RTE.msi 02/07/2003 1926KB

A .pdf document called EUM TD 15_v3_17_july_2003.pdf

And a Readme.txt which says:

Licence_cd_v2_26-09-2003
Released 26-09-2003

This CD contains:

1. Tellique software version 2.3.1 2003/08/11
The t-systems-setup.EXE will install the tellique software.
2. EKU Software
The eToken RTE.msi should be installed to allow the tellique software to access
the etoken. EUMETSAT document TD 15 includes information in section 3.2.4 Note: the
EKU is only required for the reception of data whose access is restricted in accordance
with EUMETSAT Data Policy.
3. EUMETSAT document TD 15
This document contains information about EUMETCast. It also describes the installation
of the software on this CD.

It is noted that the TELLICAST client software is owned by T-Systems.
The user shall not transfer, assign, sub-licence, reproduce or copy this software.

26-09-2003

Changing the parameter "file_database_size"

Changing the parameter "file_database_size" might cause a hangup of the software.
The following steps should be performed for changing this parameter smoothly:

a) Stop the tqrecv-client.
b) Change the parameter "file_database_size" in the recv.ini
(If you omit this parameter, tqrecv uses a default value of 250MB).
c) Delete the directory "receiving" (internal file-database).
d) Start the tqrecv-client.

LB> John,

LB> could you let us know exactly what other software is included? File
LB> name, size and date would be nice to know.

LB> Also, any text or readme files?

LB> Thanks, Luca

LB> --- In MSG-1@..., John Parkins <kvp@b...> wrote:

Also included on the disk were some files associated with the future
use of the USB dongle.
--
Best regards,
John mailto:kvp@...

Luca Bertagnolio <lucaberta@...>

John,

thanks for the info, most useful.

One last question, could you please right click on the RTE MSI file
and select "properties", then the "summary" panel, and tell us what
release of the eToken RTE that one is?

Aladdin is currently shipping 3.51, but is dated September, so the
release would be earlier for sure.

Thanks again,

Luca

--- In MSG-1@..., John Parkins <kvp@b...> wrote:
Hello Luca,

A folder called Tellique containing a file called t-systems-
setup.EXE
24/09/2003 1408KB

A folder called EKU_software which contains a file called eToken
RTE.msi 02/07/2003 1926KB

John Parkins <kvp@...>

Hello Luca,

It says the eToken runtime environment 3.00