Topics

Tellicast V2.4.4 'configuration.'

geojohnt@...

Hello All,

Goodness, I do feel like and old duffer!

Having just updated all my SatSignal programmes and seeing a Himawari tab on the latest MDM I'm tentatively
experimenting with HVS-1 on Tellicast V2.14.4 running in parallel with TC V2.4.4a - for BS.

Now, my - what was recv.channel.ini - in the old version is 'empty' on the new version::

+++++++++
[channel]
name=*
receive_buffer_size=8000000
target_directory=\EUMETCast\received\hvs-1\default
tmp_directory=\EUMETCast\tmp\hvs-1

# DO NOT EDIT OR DELETE THE FOLLOWING SECTION!!!
[channel]
name=WWW-Channel
receive_buffer_size=8000000
target_directory=www/eumetsat
tmp_directory=www/tmp/
+++++++++

I've let HVS-1 run for around 3 hours and HTML Shell has shown these channels have been active during that time:
E1H-TPG2
E1H-TPL 1
E1H-TPG 4E1H-EPS 10
E1H-RDS 1
TSL HVS-1

Looking in my EUMETCast > received > hvs-1 > default folder I have (5.44 GB):

goes 15 BZ2 files
(lots of) IMG_DK01B01 and DK01B01/B06/B09/B10/B11/B12/B14/B16, BZ2 files
IMG_DK01IR1/IR2/IR3/IR4, BZ2 files
IMG_DK01VIZ, BZ2 files
SVMC_npp_(date)_txxxxx_exxxxx, H5 files
W_XX-EUMETSAT_Darmstadt, SOUNDING...., BIN files

????

Now, I don't know what satellites VIS/IR data HVS-1 is disseminating and I've looked on David's website and
and found under 'Using EUMETCast' a table detailing Channel Names  - BS, HVS-1, HVS-2.
And a link to EUMETSAT's channel naming pages.

However, it/they, are not always explicit - saying things like third party geo rather than naming the individual satellites.

So, sorry for being so dumb, but what satellites VIS and IR data is disseminated on HVS-1 that isn't disseminated on BS?
And, would somebody be kind enough to send me a sample/suggested HVS-1 'rcvd.channels.ini - as was, as a guide.

Much appreciated,

Regards,
John Tellick

Hugo

Hi John,

The following sats are disseminated from the following folders :
E1H-EPS-10 : Metop C
E1H-RDS-1 : NPP (VIIRS-M)
E1H-TPG-1 : GOES-16
E1H-TPG-2 : Himawari-8
E1H-TPG-3 : GOES-17
E1H-TPG-4 : GOES-15 in nc format

Hope this helps,

Hugo

g3pha.morris@btinternet.com

Greetings John, Yes I have often wondered why EUMETCast don't identify which satellite
is allied to which channel in their listing. Would be most useful. John Morris.

On Saturday, 15 June 2019, 15:40:54 BST, geojohnt via Groups.Io <geojohnt@...> wrote:

[...]

John,

Hurrah! It's not just me?

Thanks for brightening up my day.

_________________

In a message dated 16/06/2019 11:56:08 GMT Standard Time, g3pha.morris@... writes:

Greetings John, Yes I have often wondered why EUMETCast don't identify which satellite
is allied to which channel in their listing. Would be most useful. John Morris.

R. Alblas

FYI:
There is a program 'ecast_chansel' which enables you to (de)select channels in an easy way. For each channel you can also define a nickname, so e.g.

EPS-10 is shown as METOP
EUMETSAT Data Channel 5 is shown as MSG RSS

or whatever you want.
For Linux and Windows.
See:

http://www.alblas.demon.nl/wsat/software/ecast_sel.html

Rob.

On 06/16/2019 01:15 PM, geojohnt via Groups.Io wrote:
John,

Hurrah! It's not just me?

Thanks for brightening up my day.

_________________

In a message dated 16/06/2019 11:56:08 GMT Standard Time, g3pha.morris@... writes:

Greetings John, Yes I have often wondered why EUMETCast don't identify which satellite
is allied to which channel in their listing. Would be most useful. John Morris.

geojohnt@...

Hello Rob,

Thanks for that.

If/when, I get everything sorted out - and another receiver for HVS-2 and Sentinel,  - and probably by then needing a 2nd PC, I'll look at tidying things up.
Although I guess I should get that done now?

Best wishes,
John.

++++++++++++++++++

In a message dated 16/06/2019 21:36:16 GMT Standard Time, sat@... writes:

[...]

you can try/stop this any time. The only thing is that you need to enable all channels you would like to choose from, and if you decide not to use this program you need comment out channels not to receive as usual. (The original recv-channels.ini or cast-client-channels_bas.ini etc files are not touched by the program, just used.)

Rob.

On 06/17/2019 02:07 PM, geojohnt via Groups.Io wrote:
[...]

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

Hello All,

Goodness, I do feel like and old duffer!
[]
And, would somebody be kind enough to send me a sample/suggested HVS-1 'rcvd.channels.ini - as was, as a guide.

Much appreciated,

Regards,
John Tellick

John,

Sample files as requested:

https://www.satsignal.eu/wxsat/cast-client-channels-bas.ini.txt
https://www.satsignal.eu/wxsat/cast-client-channels-hvs-1.ini.txt

I've added the .TXT extension so that you can download them without any malware warnings. You could right-click, properties, unblock before use and, of course, these are simply sample working files taken from my own systems, and would need editing to suit your own data needs and directory structure.