Topics

Tellicast Monitoring - Localhost

Tim Holdsworth

All,
My reception and display of Eumetcast output is and was  working properly.
But my Tellicast monitoring (localhost:8100) was not.
When my browser is asked to display localhost:8100 it displayed the website of a well known radio station.
After searching the net for a possible solution without success I asked Ops for help.
They replied very quickly, "search for a file called 'index.html' and delete it".
This fixed the problem.
But I do not understand why when my browser is asked to go to localhost:8100 it displays something else.
An explanation would be much appreciated.
Thanks in anticipation
Tim Holdsworth

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

On 21/11/2020 08:48, Tim Holdsworth via groups.io wrote:
All,
My reception and display of Eumetcast output is and was  working properly.
But my Tellicast monitoring (localhost:8100) was not.
When my browser is asked to display localhost:8100 it displayed the website of a well known radio station.
After searching the net for a possible solution without success I asked Ops for help.
They replied very quickly, "search for a file called 'index.html' and delete it".
This fixed the problem.
But I do not understand why when my browser is asked to go to localhost:8100 it displays something else.
An explanation would be much appreciated.
Thanks in anticipation
Tim Holdsworth
Tim,

If I were checking that I would look to see what "localhost" points to on your PC, likely in windows\system32\drivers\etc\ "hosts." You can edit that file with notepad as you may already know. It might contain:

123.001.002.003 localhost

instead of:

127.0.0.1 localhost

although on the system here the 127.0.0.1 is commented out. "132.001.002.003" would be the IP address of the unwanted station.

Something in that area, anyway!

Where was the file "index.html"?