TELLICAST 2.14.7 on Centos 7.9: 2 NIC conflicts

jevgenijs.ugorenko@...

Hello!

I am using Tellicast 2.14.7 on Centos 7.9. My server have 2 NICs (ntwrok internal card): 1 to DVB-S2 Ayecka receiver, 1 to my external subnet.
When I'm starting up both NICs - only one of them works (external subnet).
1 NIC is with static network configuration (for DVB SAT data), 1 with dhcp (external).
If I turn down external subnet NIC, then Tellicast client start running and downloads all data I defined in Tellicast channels. If I turn on external NIC, then Tellicast clients stops working and trying to start client. But external works.

Pls give me some advice, that I am doing wrong. Default gateways are also predefined in /etc/network/ifcnfg_*** interfaces.

Hartmut Schulla

Hi!

That’s a normal situation. You cannot have DCHP and fixed IPs at the same time with multiple NICs.

Give your internal network NIC a fixed IP. I ran into the same problem some times ago.

Regards

Hartmut

I am using Tellicast 2.14.7 on Centos 7.9. My server have 2 NICs (ntwrok internal card): 1 to DVB-S2 Ayecka receiver, 1 to my external subnet.
When I'm starting up both NICs - only one of them works (external subnet).
1 NIC is with static network configuration (for DVB SAT data), 1 with dhcp (external).
If I turn down external subnet NIC, then Tellicast client start running and downloads all data I defined in Tellicast channels. If I turn on external NIC, then Tellicast clients stops working and trying to start client. But external works.

Pls give me some advice, that I am doing wrong. Default gateways are also predefined in /etc/network/ifcnfg_*** interfaces.

Ernst Lobsiger

On Tue, May 25, 2021 at 07:14 AM, Hartmut Schulla wrote:

That’s a normal situation. You cannot have DCHP and fixed IPs at the same time with multiple NICs.

Give your internal network NIC a fixed IP. I ran into the same problem some times ago.

Hi

I do not see why this should not work. On the same subnet you must not set fixed IPs in the range of IPs the DHCP server uses.
Then it normally works. Here you must have even different subnets so I suspect another culprit. Do you have some sort of network
manager or even AVAHI daemon running? Then you must exclude your TelliCast used Network card from being "taken care of".

Regards,
Ernst.

jevgenijs.ugorenko@...

Thank You all invited in this problem.
I have been soluted it.
DHCP and Stati NIC could work together.
There needed to add to /etc/network additional gateway for the static IP. And the result was fine.

Thank You all.