TClogSummary 0.99 Beta

Ernst Lobsiger

Dear All,

as a fallout from my ffmpeg experiments under Windows 10 I have learnt a couple of tricks using PowerShell. This made it possible to give TClogSummary 0.95 a major face lift. About half of the code has been replaced by two script lines. TClogSummary 0.99 is Beta and should work under any settings of Windows 10 language, region, time zone and DST. To better understand and possibly improve your TelliCast receiver(s) TClogSummary.cmd has been a MUST for many years. Since a couple of years EUMETSAT proposes very BIG maximum sizes for client log files. That's why I have set Nmax=2 as default.

Everybody is invited to beta test this code. There are versions 0=BASIC, 1=HVS-1 and 2=HVS-2 preconfigured according to the lates version of TD-15. Just rename the scripts from *.txt to *.cmd and give it a go. As is TClogSummary?.cmd outputs to the current directory. You may want to adapt a few things in the parameter section if your setup is different from what EUMETSAT proposes. If nothing works you can set debu=Y and will get a TClogDebug?.log. If this still goes over your mind feel free to ask. Please post your feedback here on MSG-1.

Good luck,
Ernst

Alan Curnow

Ernst,

Thanks very much for doing this. I'll certainly give this a try.

Cheers,
Alan

Alan Curnow

Ernst,

Just ran them all simultaneously with the following batch file and it all looks good. Shows plenty of errors but I was messing around a lot yesterday. I'll see what tomorrow mornings report says.

start "BASIC" /min /low C:\EUMETCast\logs\TClogSummary0.cmd yesterday
start "HVS-1" /min /low C:\EUMETCast\logs\TClogSummary1.cmd yesterday
start "HVS-2" /min /low C:\EUMETCast\logs\TClogSummary2.cmd yesterday

Incorporating the service in the log filename is very handy.

Cheers,
Alan

Ernst Lobsiger

On Tue, Oct 19, 2021 at 10:32 AM, Alan Curnow wrote:
I'll see what tomorrow mornings report says.
Alan,

if you cannot wait just run the scripts at the prompt with parameter  today . The resulting Summaries will show  today  up to now. They will be overwritten by your sheduled versions started  yesterday  next morning.

Alan Curnow

Ernst,

OK. Done that and it appears that Sentinal 3 is showing up on all the logs. I didn't notice it on yesterdays as there were so many other errors. Here are the logs for today and yesterday.

Cheers,
Alan

Ernst Lobsiger

Alan,

somthing is definitely wrong. It's either my Beta (it works here) or the naming of your log files, or the path you set to your log files. Can you cut and paste the naming of your logfiles in the cast-client.ini for all three services?
Sentinel-3 should for sure not show up in all TClogSummaries :-) ?!

Alan Curnow

Ernst,

Here they are. Complete ini files with user name and key removed. Your old version of TClogSummary did work correctly, even when all three ran simultaneously, like your new version was doing here.

Cheers,
Alan

Alan Curnow

Ernst,

I can confirm there are no text strings containing S3A or S3B in recv_bas.log, or recv_hvs-1.log, and loads in recv_hvs-2.log. All the log files are stored in the same directory.

Cheers,
Alan

Ernst Lobsiger

Alan,

then it seems they are writing all lines from given date (today|yesterday) to the same tmplog file

-----> if [%tmppath:~0,1%==[. (set tlog="%~dp0tmplog") else (set tlog="%tmppath%\tmplog") <------

This should probably read for TClogSummary0, TClogSummary1 and TClogSummary2

if [%tmppath:~0,1%==[. (set tlog="%~dp0tmplog0") else (set tlog="%tmppath%\tmplog0")
if [%tmppath:~0,1%==[. (set tlog="%~dp0tmplog1") else (set tlog="%tmppath%\tmplog1")
if [%tmppath:~0,1%==[. (set tlog="%~dp0tmplog2") else (set tlog="%tmppath%\tmplog2")

Could you change that and try again. I haven't tried to start all in parallel. It's Beta ;-)

Alan Curnow

Ernst,

I changed the following lines in all three 3 versions to this, which is what you wanted I believe

:: This prevents problems when called in a batch chain or from any black console:
:: TClogSummary does not need to change directory. Point '.' expanded to TCShome.
if [%tmppath:~0,1%==[. (set tlog="%~dp0tmplog0") else (set tlog="%tmppath%\tmplog0")
if [%tmppath:~0,1%==[. (set tlog="%~dp0tmplog1") else (set tlog="%tmppath%\tmplog1")
if [%tmppath:~0,1%==[. (set tlog="%~dp0tmplog2") else (set tlog="%tmppath%\tmplog2")

However when run, all three started minimized as normal then each exited after about 3 seconds, and none had produced any output, not even a filename.

Cheers,
Alan

Ernst Lobsiger

Alan,

TClogSummary0.cmd gets the line
if [%tmppath:~0,1%==[. (set tlog="%~dp0tmplog0") else (set tlog="%tmppath%\tmplog0")

TClogSummary1.cmd gets the line
if [%tmppath:~0,1%==[. (set tlog="%~dp0tmplog1") else (set tlog="%tmppath%\tmplog1")

TClogSummary2.cmd gets the line
if [%tmppath:~0,1%==[. (set tlog="%~dp0tmplog2") else (set tlog="%tmppath%\tmplog2")

Have you given each TClogSummary all three lines ???

Alan Curnow

Ernst,

Oops. Yes. Hold on, I'll try again.

Here you go. It looks a lot better now. I did them for yesterday as there were more errors and you can see if they got cross coupled, but they look good now at first glance.

Cheers,
Alan

Graham Woolf

Hi Ernst

Working well here

Regards

Graham

Ernst Lobsiger

On Wed, Oct 20, 2021 at 01:44 AM, Graham Woolf wrote:
Hi Ernst

Working well here

Regards

Graham
David, Arne, Graham and other users of TClogSummary,

as far as I can see Alan showed us a long pending BUG of TClogSummary. Different instances use the same temporary storage place. I guess this has never been discovered because nobody has scheduled TClogSummary for BASIC, HVS-1 and HVS-2 at the very same time. After all we want to keep disk usage down. Nevertheless this should be fixed by adding 0 for BASIC, 1 for HVS-1, 2 for HVS-2, 3 for HVS-3 as described in the post above. I'm waiting for some more feedback.

David, Arne, Graham and other users of TClogSummary,
as far as I can see Alan showed us a long pending BUG of TClogSummary. Different instances use the same temporary storage place. I guess this has never been discovered because nobody has scheduled TClogSummary for BASIC, HVS-1 and HVS-2 at the very same time. After all we want to keep disk usage down. Nevertheless this should be fixed by adding 0 for BASIC, 1 for HVS-1, 2 for HVS-2, 3 for HVS-3 as described in the post above. I'm waiting for some more feedback.
Not seen the problem here with 0.95 as I run the two tasks in sequence, to minimise resource usage as you highlight!

Thanks for the update!

I see that I got a credit at one time:

TClogSummary Version 0.95

Windows EUMETCast receiver PENGUIN (Win-10/64, BAS RX + process)
Windows TelliCast Client Version 2.14.7, Ayecka SR1 #1 BAS

TelliCast Client Event Summary from 2021-09-28
Head time 00:00:00.2 -UTC- Tail time 23:59:59.9

A CMD script by Ernst Lobsiger
With ideas from Arne van Belle and David Taylor
Number of messages of category ERR: 0
Number of messages of category WRN: 0
Number of messages of category MSG: 122875
Number of *Starting* (what) events: 0
Number of *Missed* (file) messages: 0
Number of *Connected* achan/dchan: 0/28779
Number of *Reconnect* achan/dchan: 0/0
Number of *Disconnect* finis/coord: 28778/0
Transm. *ended[/int.]* Lists/Files: 0/0
Transm. *interrupted* Lists/Files: 853/4995
Received and delivered Lists/Files: 31058/80591
Treated number of recv Files/Lines: 15/2660826