Topics

TBS 5927

Ian Deans

I have been following some recent mails re the above in particular those from David.
My own observations re the TBS 5927 over the last 1/2 years is that the TBS 5925 produces slightly better results ( usually 0 missed and 0 missed/recovered ) which is disappointing given that the TBS 5927 is the latest USB receiver with the updated hardware.

In the last 48 hours I updated the driver for the TBS 5927 to 1.0.0.7 and unfortunately it appears its performance has deteriorated a little more, although I intend to test it for a longer period.

I have been following some recent mails re the above in particular those
from David.
My own observations re the TBS 5927 over the last 1/2 years is that the
TBS 5925 produces slightly better results ( usually 0 missed and 0
missed/recovered ) which is disappointing given that the TBS 5927 is the
latest USB receiver with the updated hardware.

In the last 48 hours I updated the driver for the TBS 5927 to 1.0.0.7
and unfortunately it appears its performance has deteriorated a little
more, although I intend to test it for a longer period.

Ian,

Yes, the older PC I'm replacing had a TBS5925 which could produce 0/0 results, but the age of the PC (required spectre/meltdown patches) and the consequent slow file system produced other losses. I still have the TBS5925, though.

Changing the driver, and relocating the TBS5927 from a USB 3 to a USB 3 port hasn't made a significant difference. As you say, this sort of test requires measurements over days, rather than minutes or hours, unless something is obviously wrong.

Thanks for the report.