TBS5927 settings

Vincenzo Mone

Hello All,,
Today I have received the USB box TBS5927  but I have some issues .
I hope someone can help me.
I have installed the drivers correctly.
I have downloaded installed and ran the TBS_IP_TOOL_V3.0.5.5.
Following the Eumetsat guide called “ TBS 5927 DVB-S2 Receiver EUMETCast Windows Setup Guide”, at the chapter “4.2 IP TOOL KU BAND EUROPE CONFIGURATION.”
I have inserted  the values:

Selected the DVB Device:
TBS 5927 USB DVB-S2 Tuner and gave OK;
I have entered the the EUROPE KU-Band Transponder -1 (T1)
Satellite: Eutelsat W2A (10.0E)
Frequency: 11263 MHz
Polarity: Horizontal
Symbol Rate: 33000 KSps
I have clicked on Add and then on Save and finally I have inserted as
Code: 0
Code Type: Root Code
and pressed on Set but I get just the signal Strength to 70 while the Quality is 0.
I have also tried with the EUROPE KU-Band Transponder -2 (T2), but with the same results: signal Strength 70 and Quality is 0.
Please where am I missing?
Thanks

73's de Enzo IK8OZV
EasyLog 5 BetaTester
EasyLog PDA BetaTester
WinBollet BetaTester
D.C.I. CheckPoint Regione Campania
Skype: ik8ozv8520

     *******    GSM  +39 328 7110193    *******
     ******       SMS  +39 328 7110193    *******

Philip Robinson

Hi
Try using frequency 11387.50
Philip

[...]

CrazyCat

On Tue, Dec 7, 2021 at 03:32 PM, Vincenzo Mone wrote:
Code: 0
Code Type: Root Code
and pressed on Set but I get just the signal Strength to 70 while the Quality is 0.
Try root 1 or gold 0

Vincenzo Mone

Thanks to CrazyCat and to Philip,
i have still some problem.
I want to use this Unit just to receive the HVS-2 Signal but i am a bit confused on the settings.
My first question is which are the correct parameters to us?
On the "TBS 5927 DVB-S2 Receiver EUMETCast Windows Setup Guide.pdf"
i read two settings:

For EUROPE Ku-Band Transponder-1 (T1)
For EUROPE Ku-Band Transponder-2 (T2)

Which one to use? i repeat for HVS-2?????
I have tried with the "EUROPE KU-Band Transponder -1 (T1) " with the following settings:

DVB Device: TBS 5927 USB DVB-S2 Tuner and gave OK;
I have entered the the EUROPE KU-Band Transponder -1 (T1)
Satellite: 0100 Eutelsat W2A (10.0E)
LOF 1 : 9750
LOF 2: 10600
Switch: 11700
Diseqc: Diseqc NULL
Transponder: 11263.H.3000
Frequency: 11263 MHz
Polarity: Horizontal
Symbol Rate: 33000 KSps
Code: 0
Code Type: Gold Code
Clicked on Set and now i got the signal Strength to 70 and thee Quality to 60.
I have clicked on Lock TP.
Clicked on  Set MODCODES an put the flag just in the 16APSK 2/3 box as i have to receive just the HVS-2 data and clicked on OK.
Then i went into the network adapter Right click with the mouse on the Virtual MPE Decode Adapter
and choosed propriety. Highlighted Internet Protocol Version 5 (TCP/IPv4) and clicked on propriety.
I have choosed Use the following IP address and set:

IP Adrress: 192.168.238.238
Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0

I have tried then to run the HVS-2 batch file but i get the icon stuck on Yellow.
Please Please can you tell me what are am i missing?
Thanks in advance
Enzo

Philip Robinson

Hi

I am not an expert in all this so if the advice I give is wrong please someone say so.

I have a TBS 5927 pci card and receive HVS-2 and all the satellite data I require through CrazyCats excellent BDADataEx software.

The one setting that stands out different to mine is the tuner settings. Mine is 11387.50MHz not 11263 MHz. It may be the answer or maybe is no help at all. But I have full green lock with quality81% and Level94%.

The guys on here are very helpful and occasionally I get lost and through there generous help I get through my problems.

David is one helluva guy producing and updating much of the software that we eventually are able to receive these incredible satellite images. I wish I was more knowledgeable and generally know my limits of learning.

I wish you luck, you will get there

Philip Robinson

Sent from Mail for Windows

[...]

Alan Curnow

For HVS-2 you need to follow the instructions for Transponder T2 on the Eumetcast Instructions pdf.

Transponder freq 11388MHz, Vertical polarity. On the IP Over DVB tab you only need to add PID 610 as all HVS-2 channels have the same PID.
I think I had 'Root Code' selected but don't think it affected the result if I changed it to 'Gold'.

The yellow Tellicast icon means you aren't receiving the Announcement Channel, which in this case is because you're currently set to transponder T1.

Alan

Philip Robinson

Hi Enzo
Sorry to mislead you. I have the tbs 6903 pciecard not the TBS 5927 USB  but i think the same still applies. You should be on 11387.50 to receive HVS-2.
regards
Philip