Topics

System Tuning (wasRe: [MSG-1] OLCI ERR and OLCI EFR)

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

On 11/01/2021 15:37, Graham Woolf wrote:
Hi Ernst
I have now got my TBS6909X installed and running and now receiving data
I am getting a lot of missed packets though I I just wondered if there was some further tuning that I can do
Regards
Graham
Graham,

Pleased the setup is working!

Did you follow the steps in the EUMETSAT guide for what Windows services to disable?

Tuning a system receiving all the data can be a long process. Start with BAS alone.

BTW: Rapid Scanning is down right now

Graham Woolf

Hi David

I dont think I have ever come across a web page on their site that says anything about disabling services on Windows 10

I based my installtion on the setup guides and TD 15

Can you point me to the correct place on their site

I dont think its a Windows issue though as my 5927 performed flawlessly

Regards

Graham

Ernst Lobsiger

Graham,

have you checked that your TBS-6909X card really has the 22uF SMD capacitor modification?

On 11/01/2021 16:31, Graham Woolf wrote:
Hi David
I dont think I have ever come across a web page on their site that says anything about disabling services on Windows 10
I based my installtion on the setup guides and TD 15
Can you point me to the correct place on their site
I dont think its a Windows issue though as my 5927 performed flawlessly
Regards
Graham
The PDF on the client install download.

Graham Woolf

Hi Ernst

It looks like it to me

What do you think ?

Regards

Graham

Ernst Lobsiger

On Mon, Jan 11, 2021 at 11:47 AM, Graham Woolf wrote:
What do you think ?
Graham,

yes it's modified. Make sure you have the right MODE setting. You can try another PCI-e slot?! Maybe you start with one transponder. Don't set MODCOD filters for HVS-1. I tell my drivers under GNU/Linux not to use MSI-Interrupts. Windows is your business ...

Graham Woolf

Hi Ernst

I am having trouble

Firstly the Windows driver keeps crashing - no surprise there though

Secondly I am confused as to what aerial input to use and what mode

I spoke to someone at PCI UK who supplied the card and they said to use Tuner input 2 - something to do with the transponders

I have a mode switching program which gives me two modes MultiSW and Direct connection - I was told to use MultiSW

What configuration are you using

Regards

Graham

Ernst Lobsiger

On Tue, Jan 12, 2021 at 01:32 AM, Graham Woolf wrote:
What configuration are you using
Graham,

as usual RTFM ! I use direct connection and input socket LNB0.
Multiswitch mode (0) is default to be used for QUATTRO LNBs.

Ernst

Graham Woolf

Hi Ernst

There isnt anything in the manual that I have about how to change modes in Windows

If I use input socket o and Direct Connection I dont get any signal

Regards

Graham

Graham Woolf

Hi Ernst

The reason I was told to use Input 2 is that input 0 only recognises Vertical polarised signals as shown here

see attached

Regards

Graham

Ernst Lobsiger

Graham,

yes again you are talking about Multiswitch Mode 0. If your cable goes to a SINGLE, TWIN, QUAD (NOT QUATTRO!) LNB you should use Mode 1.
You can then use at LNB0 Demod 0/1, at LNB1 Demod 2/3, ... etc..  And I have a second switch under GNU/Linux. It's the equivalent of the Single
Cable Solution of the TBS-6983/03/08. I can route the signal at any input to all 8 Demodulators. I cannot say more and have published and posted
what I do under GNU/Linux several times. It's up to you to find the corresponding drivers and tools for Windows (if those exist at all) ...