Still struggling for BAS & HVS-1

Vincenzo Mone

Hello All,

Apologise if I repeat a request that I posted time ago but still did no resolved.

Please I would like to know if it is possible to receive both BAS and

HVS-1 at the same time using only one SR1, one Dish and 1 LNB with multiple outputs.

I am currently only getting the BAS, while the HVS-1 icon remains yellow.

Please if it is possible what I need to receive also the HVS-1????

Any help will be really appreciated

Time ago David said to read the manual at:

ftp://ftp.eumetsat.int/pub/OPS/out/user/EUMETCast_Support/EUMETCast_Licence_cd/Windows/DVB_devices/Ayecka_SR1_DVB_Receiver_EUMETCast_Setup_Guide_v4A.pdf

Section: 4.5.2

But clicking on that side nothing happens. Nothing is loaded.

At this point I am in doubt that the HVS-1 should be requested to the Eumetsat service.

Anybody can confirm????

I am using:

PKIClient-x64-5.1-SP1.msi

eumetsat-setup-2.14.2_5

Are they correct or I need newer ones?

If I need newer ones that could be the problem, where to get them  as it

Seems whichever link I click I get dead links.

Any help will be really appreciated.

I am also willing for a TeamViewer connection if someone want’s have a try.

73 de Enzo IK8OZV
EasyLog 5 BetaTester
EasyLog PDA BetaTester
WinBollet BetaTester
D.C.I. CheckPoint Regione Campania
Skype: ik8ozv8520

      *********************************

      ******   GSM  +39 328 7110193  ******

      *****     SMS  +39 328 7110193    *****

      *********************************

Philip Robinson

Enzo
I am running out of ideas how to help you may be someone with more experience can.
i can only repeat what i have said from the beginning.
I have a 1.2 metres satellite dish, from it there is just one cable. This is then split in to to cables in the house. One cable goes to the TBS6903 for which i receive HVS-2  and the other cable goes in to the SR1 box for which i receive BAS and HVS-1. this all works perfectly and i use some of Davids excellent software such as MSGDatatManager, Msg Animator, GoesABIManager, GEOSatSignal and EUMETcastview  for viewing and interpreting the downloaded data. I use windows 10 and two hard drives, the SSD has a large capacity (which is a must)
i have had occasional troubles in the past and have been helped really well on here and its usually some setting thats not correct.
I really have exhausted any idea what may be wrong.
I am sorry Enzo, i wish i could do more but i am not experienced enough, old enough but not experienced enough
I hope you get it fixed, i know how frustrating it is for you.
Good Luck..let me know when you sort it out. i would love to know the problem as well.
regards
Philip

On 17/08/2021 12:12, Vincenzo Mone wrote:
Hello All,
Apologise if I repeat a request that I posted time ago but still did no resolved.
Please I would like to know if it is possible to receive both BAS and
HVS-1 at the same time using only one SR1, one Dish and 1 LNB with multiple outputs.
[]
Any help will be really appreciated
Time ago David said to read the manual at:
ftp://ftp.eumetsat.int/pub/OPS/out/user/EUMETCast_Support/EUMETCast_Licence_cd/Windows/DVB_devices/Ayecka_SR1_DVB_Receiver_EUMETCast_Setup_Guide_v4A.pdf <ftp://ftp.eumetsat.int/pub/OPS/out/user/EUMETCast_Support/EUMETCast_Licence_cd/Windows/DVB_devices/Ayecka_SR1_DVB_Receiver_EUMETCast_Setup_Guide_v4A.pdf>
Section: 4.5.2
But clicking on that side nothing happens. Nothing is loaded.
At this point I am in doubt that the HVS-1 should be requested to the Eumetsat service.
[]
I am using:

PKIClient-x64-5.1-SP1.msi

eumetsat-setup-2.14.2_5

Are they correct or I need newer ones?> Are they correct or I need newer ones?
If I need newer ones that could be the problem, where to get them  as it
Seems whichever link I click I get dead links.
Any help will be really appreciated.
I am also willing for a TeamViewer connection if someone want’s have a try.
73 de Enzo IK8OZV
Enzo,

Yes an SR1 can receive both BAS and HVS-1 using a single cable from an LNB connected to the receiver port you have selected as active.

The link is now: https://www.eumetsat.int/media/45995. It's best to set the device parameters from the script provided by EUMETSAT, as detailed in section 4.2.

You can log into the EO Portal to check whether you have any HVS-1 services registered, but you should still connect to the Announcement Channel.

TelliCast 2.14.7 is the current version, but here:

https://www.eumetsat.int/reorganisation-eumetcast-satellite-data-flows

EUMETSAT say:

"Note: It is not mandatory to have Tellicast Client V2.14.4 to receive the data, the required configuration changes work also with V2.12 or later. If you have an older version, please contact our User Service Helpdesk."

I would advise against upgrading right away as the channels configuration file differs.

The changes to the EUMETSAT Web site do seem to make it more difficult to find what you want!

Good luck!

Ciao,
David GM8ARV

Vincenzo Mone

David,

thanks for your efforts but I the meantime you sent me this email,

I have still tried and now I issue also on BAS reception.

First I want to say that I am noticing strange behaviour when I go into the SR1 via Putty.

I mean I went into network with the menu 3 and got this:

I thought the problem was the Management IP Address as it is set all to 0,

so I thought I would set it up to 192.168.1.150 but when I enter the number 4

the page does not change I can se just flash like an update page but it does not let

me change it.

I had then the great idea to perform the initial setup of the Ayecka SR1 receiver but still get the issue.

Now I am stuck as I can't even receive anymore the BAS. I get the Yellow icon now on both BAS and HVS-1.

Please any help????

Thanks in advance

73 de Enzo IK8OZV

EasyLog 5 BetaTester

EasyLog PDA BetaTester

WinBollet BetaTester

D.C.I. CheckPoint Regione Campania

Skype: ik8ozv8520

      *********************************

      ******   GSM  +39 328 7110193  ******

      *****     SMS  +39 328 7110193    *****

      *********************************

Vincenzo Mone

David,
Thanks for Your Reply.
Unfortunately the link you gave me has dead link inside.
I mean if I click on the link you passed me:

https://www.eumetsat.int/media/45995

at the section 4.2 Automatic Configuration of SR1,
there is a link that to download the utility and the
configuration file to allow the SR1 to receive the
“EUMETCast Ku-Band DVB-S2” & “EUMETCast C-Band DVB-S” services .
The link is:

ftp://ftp.eumetsat.int/pub/OPS/out/user/EUMETCast_Support/EUMETCast_Licence_cd/Windows/DVB _devices/SR1/SR1_Configuration_Files/

but clicking on it, it does not work.
I have stored in my backup Hard Disk, a folder called:

SR1CFG_DVBS2_ACTIVE_only-updates-DVBS2-radio-cfg_allversions

and in it there are 3 files:

README.txt
SR1CFG.cfg
SR1CFG.exe

They all have as date 2013 and do not know if they are still OK are they have been released new versions.

Finally you've suggested me to have a look at the EO portal to see if I am enable also for the HVS-1 reception.
I have been there and I clicked on EUMETCAST SATELLITE EUROPE - KU-BAND and got a very Long list
named SERVICE NAME and did not mentioned here to do not weigh down the mail.
I had a look in the list but cannot find anything that says about HVS-1.
Please can you tell me what should I have to look for to see if I can receive it?
Thanks in advance for your helps

73 de Enzo IK8OZV
EasyLog 5 BetaTester
EasyLog PDA BetaTester
WinBollet BetaTester
D.C.I. CheckPoint Regione Campania
Skype: ik8ozv8520

*********************************
****** GSM +39 328 7110193 ******
***** SMS +39 328 7110193 *****

GM8ARV ?????????????? ???? via groups.io
Inviato: martedì 17 agosto 2021 15:04
A: MSG-1@groups.io
Oggetto: Re: [MSG-1] Still struggling for BAS & HVS-1

On 17/08/2021 18:28, Vincenzo Mone wrote:
[...]

If the link is bad, please report it to Ops. Ask for the updated config files too.

I cannot help further today. I suggest ensuring that the SR1 is up-to-date and then ask again.

73,
David GM8ARV