Topics

Still missing segments!

Lawrence <lawrence@...>

Well, I must admit to being mystified. I have been monitoring the
receive computer and it consistently shows memory usage of about 130Mb
(very small proportion) and an average CPU of 1 to 2% with few jumps.
But still I am seeing huge chunks out of the HRIT images. But not all
HRIT images and not every cycle. The signal strength is excellent.

Lawrence

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

--- In MSG-1@..., Lawrence <lawrence@a...> wrote:
Well, I must admit to being mystified. I have been monitoring the
receive computer and it consistently shows memory usage of about
130Mb (very small proportion) and an average CPU of 1 to 2% with few
jumps. But still I am seeing huge chunks out of the HRIT images.
But not all HRIT images and not every cycle. The signal strength is
excellent.

Lawrence
Lawrence, one common factor in people with missing segments is that
you are all using the MSG Data Manager. Now I don't think that this
is the cause, but one simple check would be to compare the resukts
from the Tools, Missing segments report.. with the actual images.

If the images show the same as the Missing segments report..., then
I belive that the program is decoding everything it sees. If there
are more missing segments in the images than in the report it would
suggest that something in the data stream is faulty, and the program
is refusing to decode the faulty data.

You might also want to check that no HRIT data is being left
unprocessed on the receiver PC. Unlikely, but check.