Topics

SR1 no reception of HVS-1 E1H-TPG-1 Goes-16 and of HVS-1 E1H-TPG-2 Himawari - pids missing ?

fly.fechter@t-online.de

Hello,
Sorry to go on bothering you all with this subject !
This is addressed to the group of Ayecka SR1 users receiving HVS-1 data.
I just opened the SR1 data via Putty the transport filter table of which shows  slot 7 & 8 sporting zero 0 as PID value.
I suspect that slots 7 & 8 with the "missing" pid cover the Goes 16 and Himawari data which I still do not receive..
If so is there a way for me via Putty to replace the presently shown 0 with a working correct PID ?
I look forward to your continued support for which I thank you in advance,
Regards,
Roland

Hartmut Schulla

Hi!

My PID-table looks like the following screenshot:

Screenshot 2019-08-02 17.09.25.png

Regards

Hartmut

Sorry to go on bothering you all with this subject !
This is addressed to the group of Ayecka SR1 users receiving HVS-1 data.
I just opened the SR1 data via Putty the transport filter table of which shows  slot 7 & 8 sporting zero 0 as PID value.
I suspect that slots 7 & 8 with the "missing" pid cover the Goes 16 and Himawari data which I still do not receive..
If so is there a way for me via Putty to replace the presently shown 0 with a working correct PID ?
I look forward to your continued support for which I thank you in advance,
Regards,
Roland

Philip Robinson

Hi
In my SR1 set up i have in slot7 PID601 and slot8 PID509  and i receive GOES-16 and Himawari. I use telnet and alter from there. I dont know whether that helps you or not'
regards
Philip

Sorry to go on bothering you all with this subject !
This is addressed to the group of Ayecka SR1 users receiving HVS-1 data.
I just opened the SR1 data via Putty the transport filter table of which shows  slot 7 & 8 sporting zero 0 as PID value.
I suspect that slots 7 & 8 with the "missing" pid cover the Goes 16 and Himawari data which I still do not receive..
If so is there a way for me via Putty to replace the presently shown 0 with a working correct PID ?
I look forward to your continued support for which I thank you in advance,
Regards,
Roland

fly.fechter@t-online.de

Thanks for your most valuable contributions !
I now manage to receive both Goes 17 & Goes 16. I really appreciate the smooth function of David`s ABI manager !
TPG-2 Himawari  has according to Eumetsat pid 601 for HVS-1. There comes now data in for it, too.
What is the receive destination for it ? Has it to include Data Channel 4 or what ?
What is the full exact path for Himawari data ?
Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Roland

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

Hello,
Sorry to go on bothering you all with this subject !
This is addressed to the group of Ayecka SR1 users receiving HVS-1 data.
I just opened the SR1 data via Putty the transport filter table of which shows slot 7 & 8 sporting zero 0 as PID value.
I suspect that slots 7 & 8 with the "missing" pid cover the Goes 16 and Himawari data which I still do not receive..
If so is there a way for me via Putty to replace the presently shown 0 with a working correct PID ?
I look forward to your continued support for which I thank you in advance,
Regards,
Roland
=================================

Roland,

My RX filter table is:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
RX Transport Filter Table
=========================

Slot. PID Ethernet Address Status IP Multicast
1. 100 CC-F6-7A-05-20-7D Enabled Pass
2. 300 CC-F6-7A-05-20-7D Enabled Pass
3. 301 CC-F6-7A-05-20-7D Enabled Pass
4. 500 CC-F6-7A-05-20-7D Enabled Pass
5. 511 CC-F6-7A-05-20-7D Enabled Pass
6. 600 CC-F6-7A-05-20-7D Enabled Pass
7. 601 CC-F6-7A-05-20-7D Enabled Pass
8. 0 CC-F6-7A-05-20-7D Disabled Block
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ignore the Ethernet address, and the order of the slots doesn't matter.

The EUMETSAT document:

https://www.eumetsat.int/website/home/Data/DataDelivery/EUMETCast/ReceptionStationSetup/ChannelsandPIDs/index.html

says that GOES-16 and Himawari data are on PID 601.

Ferdinand Valk

Roland,

As indicated in an earlier post (July 30) to you, if you were indeed receiving Goes 17, your SR-1 settings were correct and you already had enabled pid 601, which carries also Goes-16 and Himawari. Thus, either you did not receive Goes-17 at all (but maybe Goes-15); or as suggested, your cast-client-channels_hvs-1.ini file was wrong.

I didn’t see any reaction to my questions/suggestions and just see the same question repeated in a different formulation.

Could you clarify what lead you to get G16 and Him-8 working now? This may be of interest/help to other people having difficulties like you have.

Ferdinand

Sorry to go on bothering you all with this subject !
This is addressed to the group of Ayecka SR1 users receiving HVS-1 data.
I just opened the SR1 data via Putty the transport filter table of which shows  slot 7 & 8 sporting zero 0 as PID value.
I suspect that slots 7 & 8 with the "missing" pid cover the Goes 16 and Himawari data which I still do not receive..
If so is there a way for me via Putty to replace the presently shown 0 with a working correct PID ?
I look forward to your continued support for which I thank you in advance,
Regards,
Roland

fly.fechter@t-online.de

Hello,

Yes, it took me quite some while to have Putty look into my SR1 HVS-1 transport filter table.

Slots 7 & 8 showed no pids or rather pid zero and once provided with PID 601 Tellique finally also

shows data arriving for Goes 16 and Himawari. The ABI manager flawlessly processes now the Goes 16 & Goes 17 images - As to Himawari images I still have not seen any via my MSG Data Manager, though.

I wonder where the respective data "hides" ?

Does this have to do somehow with Data Channel 4 being included into its routing - receive path ??

Regards,

Roland

-----Original-Nachricht-----

Sorry to go on bothering you all with this subject !
This is addressed to the group of Ayecka SR1 users receiving HVS-1 data.
I just opened the SR1 data via Putty the transport filter table of which shows  slot 7 & 8 sporting zero 0 as PID value.
I suspect that slots 7 & 8 with the "missing" pid cover the Goes 16 and Himawari data which I still do not receive..
If so is there a way for me via Putty to replace the presently shown 0 with a working correct PID ?
I look forward to your continued support for which I thank you in advance,
Regards,
Roland

Philip Robinson

Hi,
I think your right there . In the cast-client-channels_hvs-1.ini... the channel name E1H-TPG-2 the target directory needs to be received\hvs-1\Data Channel 4.

I hope this helps.
I have had a lot of help from guys more knowledgeable than me on here and just trying to do my bit. David and Thorsen have been a god send
I hope what ive said is correct

Philip

Sorry to go on bothering you all with this subject !
This is addressed to the group of Ayecka SR1 users receiving HVS-1 data.
I just opened the SR1 data via Putty the transport filter table of which shows  slot 7 & 8 sporting zero 0 as PID value.
I suspect that slots 7 & 8 with the "missing" pid cover the Goes 16 and Himawari data which I still do not receive..
If so is there a way for me via Putty to replace the presently shown 0 with a working correct PID ?
I look forward to your continued support for which I thank you in advance,
Regards,
Roland

Ferdinand Valk

Roland,

So, for clarity sake: you did not receive Goes-17 before, as you did not have pid 601 enabled. Confusing.

As far as the Himawari data is concerned: the data lives where you have defined it in the cast-client-channels_hvs-1.ini file. This can be anywhere, including if you wish in Data Channel 4, but that is not necessary (see my earlier example of the lines in the channels file).

What is recommendable though, is that you try to separate the Himawari data to a different disk, as with Goes 16 (every 10 minutes)  and 17 plus Himawari every 10 minutes, a single disk may be quite heavily loaded. But of course it depends whether you are taking all channels or only a small subset.

Ferdinand