SR1 Controller frozen.

geojohnt@...

Hello All,

During the recent run of cold fairly constant rainy grey weather, my SNR has been 'lower than normal.'
I did try re-aligning my dish a couple of times but to no avail.

Since the rain stopped this week, though the weather remained cold and grey most days, things dried out and my SNR went up to 'where it should be.'
I'm now convinced the ever growing next door neighbours fir tree is again on the edge of Eutelsat 10-A's position.
The almost constant rain causing the wet branches to sag in my dish's line of sight of the satellite.

Having now had a 'usual' signal all week - but been busy on my day to day computer at the same time, I only glanced at the SR1 Controller readout occasionally.
I thought my SNR is remarkably steady these days at 13.4 dB.
Usually there is some variation.

Then I noticed the Traffic meter wasn't moving.
Tellicast showed BS and HVS-1 data was actually flowing correctly and Telnet showed that my SNR was actually 13.5 dB with BS link margin 7.6 dB and HVS-1 link margin 4.2 dB.

Some will recall that my SR1 Controller quite regularly shows a high 'negative figure' of Traffic with the dial at 0 for around 5 seconds before resetting .
A problem know to EUMESAT and Ayecka as I informed them.

Closing and reopening SR1 controller fixed 'its freezing' and Traffic flow is indicated again.

New Year's resolution - apart from avoiding Coronavirus - kill the fir tree.

Regards,
John Tellick.

Hartmut Schulla

Hi!

Check your power supply and replace it, if original, with an stronger one.

Regards

Hartmut

[...]

Hello Hartmut,

Happy New Year - hoffentlich!?

Yes, I had to replace my original SR1 power supply last year and purchased 2 'higher power' mains adapters.

I think the problem is - as the receiver is working properly - it's the third party Controller software which already has anomalies (this freezing being a new one) which Ayecka won't do anything about, being third party, and the receiver is well out of guarantee - and still going strong.

Best wishes,
John.