SR1 changing receiving channel?

geojohnt@...

Hello All,

I want to check the EUMETCast back-up satellite test dissemination from Hotbird.
Could someone please tell me - in step by step, and for me, idiot proof ways how to change/configure the SR1 via Telnet to the new frequency and polarisation?

Many thanks,
John Tellick.

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

On 05/05/2021 16:09, geojohnt via groups.io wrote:
Hello All,
I want to check the EUMETCast back-up satellite test dissemination from Hotbird.
Could someone please tell me - in step by step, and for me, idiot proof ways how to change/configure the SR1 via Telnet to the new frequency and polarisation?
Many thanks,
John Tellick.
John,

I think it's just polarisation and frequency. I took a look with my TBS5925 and BDADataEx and saw nothing, but that's without moving the dish, so not surprising.

geojohnt@...

David,

Thanks for your comments.
Yes, I did a preliminary check a couple of months ago thinking I might just get a bit of HB signal in my beamwidth without moving my 1 m dish - but not so.
I had to shift it.

Being a satellite TV guy, I'm used to setting the actual satellite Ku-Band transmission frequency on a receiver.
SR1 and EUMETSAT use the LNB downconverted frequency to tune the receiver.
Not a problem as EUMETSAT detail that on their website test guide.

The frequency requires changing - that seems possible in configuration mode by typing in the new frequency.
Polarisation requires changing but the SR1 doesn't have a H/V 'switch' in configuration.

Also I notice, currently on EUMETCast 10 A, C. Encapsulation is MPEG-TS

On EUMETCast Hotbird the Encapsulation is BS 8PSK3/5 MPE TS, ISI=1

HVS-1 16APSK2/3 MPE TS, ISI=1

???

Regards,
John

++++++++++++++++++++

Web: https://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor@...

On 05/05/2021 16:09, geojohnt via groups.io wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I want to check the EUMETCast back-up satellite test dissemination from
> Hotbird.
> Could someone please tell me - in step by step, and for me, idiot proof
> ways how to change/configure the SR1 via Telnet to the new frequency and
> polarisation?
>
> Many thanks,
> John Tellick.

Ernst Lobsiger

On Wed, May 5, 2021 at 09:08 AM, <geojohnt@...> wrote:
Polarisation requires changing but the SR1 doesn't have a H/V 'switch' in configuration.
John,

polarisation is switched by LNB voltage (power) applied:

H = 18 Volt
V = 13 Volt

Ernst

geojohnt@...

Hello Ernst,

Oh, of course, thanks.

It's just how to re-configure the SR1 - there seems to be no guide as to changing the set up - like 'do this, then this and then this.
If you see what I mean as the SR1 came setup for the current - original - EUMETCast configuration.

Regards,
John