Topics

Signal Level

Ian Deans

I have just seen a number of mails re an increase in signal level of about 0.5dB and cannot believe what I am reading !!!

I was about to send a mail reporting that for the last 4 hours or so in clear conditions my signal level is down by 0.5 SNR up here north of Dundee and still is. What is going on !!!

When I checked your level David from your graph about 2 hours ago your level looked a bit down as well.

By the way David I noticed that your lost and missed and recovered graphs appear to be about 4/5 days old.

David J Taylor

I have just seen a number of mails re an increase in signal level of
about 0.5dB and cannot believe what I am reading !!!

I was about to send a mail reporting that for the last 4 hours or so in
clear conditions my signal level is down by 0.5 SNR up here north of
Dundee and still is. What is going on !!!

When I checked your level David from your graph about 2 hours ago your
level looked a bit down as well.

By the way David I noticed that your lost and missed and recovered
graphs appear to be about 4/5 days old.

===============================

Thanks, Ian. I've not heard anything from EUMETSAT, except their standard response that the services are provided by a third party.

If you see my data as being out of date please try a Ctrl_F5 (or what even incantation is required for your browser this week!). I do see similar effects on a number of other stations, and refresh sorts it. I'm not quite sure why it is, but something isn't telling the Web server / browser client that the image needs to be downloaded again as it's been updated. Perhap someone more expert in HTML can suggest something?

Ian Deans

On 05/02/2020 18:23, David J Taylor via Groups.Io wrote:
[...]

Thanks for your reply David. I have done many refresh attempts to no avail.

I have just very recently updated to the new Microsoft Edge browser which is now available for download and it appears that browser is what is causing the problem but only on your lost/missed and recovered graphs, with all other graphs being fine. Internet Explorer shows all graphs up to date so I will you that browser when required.

Herman Vijlbrief

David, Ian

I can confirm that after a short period of with an increase of the signal level 0,5 dB up the level decreased later that evening to a level below 14 dB.
At this moment the signal level is 14,1 dB which is 0,2/0,3 dB lower that the average level i saw the last months with clear sky in the morning.

Greetings Herman

[...]

Hartmut Schulla

Same here. I can confirm this!
Regards
Hartmut

[...]

Folks,

Thanks, both, for the confirmation. I suggest reporting this to EUMETSAT so that they are at least aware of the issue, although the response may be simply that "our provider says it's within specification".