Topics

Signal Drop

Ian Deans

I am seeing a substanial drop in signal over the last 30 minutes or so. I had noticed a drop of about 0.5 SNR a few hours ago, but at the moment it is over 3 SNR in relatively clear conditions here.

Shutting down now for the night, so hopefully resolved by morning.

Ian Deans

I should have mentioned in my previous mail that TP2 is also down, but its reduction is much less at about 0.7 SNR.

Christian Peters

Ian,

same here but a larger drop on T1...there must be a serious uplink/downlink problem maybe!?

Regards,

Christian

David J Taylor

Considering the time of year, snow in Austria? Perhaps TP1 and TP2 are being fed from different uplink stations, or they have different correction margins.

Cheers<

geojohnt@...

Ian,

How is your signal today?

I didn't notice any reduction in my signal yesterday - but I was busy all day and probably didn't notice.
Today it is the usual level for this time of day - 13.2/1 dB SNR on TP1 and steady.

On 05/01/2020 11:21, geojohnt via Groups.Io wrote:
Ian,
How is your signal today?
I didn't notice any reduction in my signal yesterday - but I was busy all day and probably didn't notice.
Today it is the usual level for this time of day - 13.2/1 dB SNR on TP1 and steady.

Hi John,

My signal is back this morning to the new nominal value that we have all had to get used to which in my case is about 0.5 SNR lower than it used to be. I am seeing about 12.8/12.9 SNR on TP1 and about 12.9/13.1 on TP2.

My TP2 signal is now marginally higher than my TP1 signal as I would expect as Eumetsat always stated before the TP1 drop that the TP2 signal would be about 0.4 SNR lower than TP1. Maybe they should put the basic service on the second transponder now !!!!!!