Topics

Signal

Ian Deans

I have unfortunately seen another small decrease in the signal over the last 5/6 days ( about 0.2 SNR ) checked in good conditions. My dish allignment is fine.

This coupled with the larger drop some months ago has resulted in a signal level of about 12.5/12.6 SNR during the day and 12.7/12.8 later evening. Prior to this I was 13.4 daily and 13.6/13.7 late evening.

Let us hope that this downward trend soon reverses -- I need all the signal level I can get up here in Angus !!

I have unfortunately seen another small decrease in the signal over the
last 5/6 days ( about 0.2 SNR ) checked in good conditions. My dish
allignment is fine.

This coupled with the larger drop some months ago has resulted in a
signal level of about 12.5/12.6 SNR during the day and 12.7/12.8 later
evening. Prior to this I was 13.4 daily and 13.6/13.7 late evening.

Let us hope that this downward trend soon reverses -- I need all the
signal level I can get up here in Angus !!

Ian,

I can't say I detect a Europe-wide signal drop, nor on my local system:

https://www.satsignal.eu/mrtg/performance_eumetcast-europe_link_margin.php?period=month#t2

Maybe something on the surface of the LNB cover?

Ian Deans

On 26/04/2020 10:11, David J Taylor via groups.io wrote:
I have unfortunately seen another small decrease in the signal over the
last 5/6 days ( about 0.2 SNR ) checked in good conditions. My dish
allignment is fine.
This coupled with the larger drop some months ago has resulted in a
signal level of about 12.5/12.6 SNR during the day and 12.7/12.8 later
evening. Prior to this I was 13.4 daily and 13.6/13.7 late evening.
Let us hope that this downward trend soon reverses -- I need all the
signal level I can get up here in Angus !!
Ian,
I can't say I detect a Europe-wide signal drop, nor on my local system:
 https://www.satsignal.eu/mrtg/performance_eumetcast-europe_link_margin.php?period=month#t2
Maybe something on the surface of the LNB cover?
Thanks for the reply David. Yes I have checked skew, cleaned up the LNB all to no avail. This drop is not reflected in my transponder 2 signal which is now 0.2 SNR higher than my basic signal --strange.