Topics

Sentinel 3B with Eumetcastview

Thomas Scheelen

Hello,

i tried eumetcastview for Sentinel 3 imaging and for S3A or works well but for S3B it doesn't. No segment are shown, not matter what i try. I use Segnents from Hvs2 stream.

Regarding the information on github, the recent versions should support those data.

By the way, is there another program which can create Sentinel images from segments?
The toolboxes from eumetsat are already known.

ragards
Thomas

Am 23. November 2019 19:19:39 schrieb "Heiko Schellhorn" <schell@...>:

Hi Rick

This is the best opportunity to totally get rid of this proprietary (broken by Design) Windows stuff in total and to switch to Linux. By this you'll have an Up to Date and modern operating system.

Best choice would be an Ubuntu distro. The distro-installation ist running Out of the box.
The receiver Installation is quite easy using the tellicast and safenet howtos.

Cheers

Heiko

Am 23. November 2019 15:53:07 MEZ schrieb Thorsten Miglus <thorsten.miglus@...>:
Hi Rick,

ask Google for "safenet 9.0 system requirements". You will find the information that Windows XP is not supported by this version. Throw away Windows XP and jump to Windows 10 immediately. This will work. :-)

Cheers
Thorsten

On Sat, Nov 23, 2019 at 01:23 PM, Rick wrote:
Safenet 9.0.43.0, i have now tried adding SP3 for XP on to the SP2 & net framework 3.5 as i didn't need them before but this made no difference the same problem error 1920 it will not start service SACSrv on installation so it stops then rolls back every time.
I also tried win 2k SP4 & net framework with installer 3.1, it actually installed the new Tellicast Client with icons on the desk top but would not run it when opening it says its not a win 32 application. I looked in the program with note pad & its told to run on xp / 2003 /7 /8 /10. The Safenet 9 would not install atall. All the newer systems are full of access permissions i have got a windows 98 program working on win 10 , it wont install obliviously & i lost the disc in the early 2000's so tried moving the program directly into programs in xp & it worked so also tried it in a friends 7,8 & 10 they all ran it.
I have all ready stated the Tellicast Client runs fine on XP SP2.
OPS have not come back to me i have asked for help but iam stuck now can anybody advise please.
 Many thanks Rick.

Hello,

i tried eumetcastview for Sentinel 3 imaging and for S3A or works well but for S3B it doesn't. No segment are shown, not matter what i try. I use Segnents from Hvs2 stream.

Regarding the information on github, the recent versions should support those data.

By the way, is there another program which can create Sentinel images from segments?
The toolboxes from eumetsat are already known.

ragards
Thomas
==================================

I have some notes here:

https://www.satsignal.eu/wxsat/Sentinel/index.html

using Python and a number of tools all running under Windows, but they are rather dated notes now.....

Heiko Schellhorn

Hi Thomas

i tried eumetcastview for Sentinel 3 imaging and for S3A or works well but for S3B it doesn't. No segment are shown, not matter what i try. I use Segnents from Hvs2 stream.
Sorry I never used EumetCastView. We don't visualize the data as they are and don't use Windows ;-)
We're primarily interrested in dedicated wavelengths and bands to analyze and
research aerosols, fluorescence or clouds. (to name only examples)
For this we use self-developed algorithms.

Regarding the information on github, the recent versions should support those data.
Exactly. Versions >=1.4.4 should support at least OLCI on S3B.

By the way, is there another program which can create Sentinel images from segments?
The toolboxes from eumetsat are already known.
As the Sentinel-data (OLCI / SLSTR / SRAL) are native netcdf data one could use
ncview to display it. What is concededly quite basic but also available for Windows.

If you like it more convenient you may try Panoply of NASA which is available for Windows, MAC and Linux as well.
https://www.giss.nasa.gov/tools/panoply/

Best regards

Heiko

Douglas Deans

On 23/11/2019 19:27, Thomas Scheelen wrote:
Hello,
i tried eumetcastview for Sentinel 3 imaging and for S3A or works well but for S3B it doesn't. No segment are shown, not matter what i try. I use Segnents from Hvs2 stream.
Regarding the information on github, the recent versions should support those data.
By the way, is there another program which can create Sentinel images from segments?
The toolboxes from eumetsat are already known.
ragards
Thomas

Thomas I have no idea why you are not seeing Sentinel 3B data.
I assume you are using the latest version of EUMETCastView 1.4.7
I assumme you have correctly listed the segment directory (I have different directories for 3A and 3B but perhaps you don't).

Prior to Hugo kindly releasing EUMETCastView I had tried a number of programs including Panoply,SNAP etc etc all of which I found extremely user unfriendly compared to Hugo's program which does absolutely everything you want.

Hope you can resolve the issue.