sentinel3 datas computing

rossinib@...

I receive HVS-2 data and have a lot of ".TAR" files on subdirectory E2H-S31-01/02 or E2H-S3B-01
What is the easyest way to compute them...
I try EUmetcastview with no success.
thanks.....

Ernst Lobsiger

If you cannot do it with EUMETCastView then there might be no easier way.
Here is what my PyTROLL/Satpy Starter Kit 3.0 does. But be aware that
Sentinel-3 OLCI data will not be disseminated after December 15th 2021.

On 13/11/2021 13:40, rossinib@free.fr wrote:
I receive HVS-2 data and have a lot of ".TAR" files on subdirectory E2H-S31-01/02 or E2H-S3B-01
What is the easyest way to compute them...
I try EUmetcastview with no success.
thanks.....
I have some notes here:

https://www.satsignal.eu/wxsat/Sentinel/index.html

but they are rather old, and the data stops within a month.

On Sat, Nov 13, 2021 at 05:40 AM, <rossinib@...> wrote:
I try EUmetcastview with no success.
thanks.....
Bernard,

EUMETCastView is as easy as this:

1) Make sure you have a current TLE-file with Sentinel-3A and Sentinel-3B ticked
2) Point your search directory to where you have your EFR files and load the segments
3) Press LEO sats and open the 3D globe. Select OLCI and display all segments
4) Select a single segment on the globe with your mouse and press make image.
5) Image appears on the 3D globe but also under the image tab. Save as *.png.

From my GNU/Linux receiver files exported with SAMBA. EUMETCastView under Windows 10 PRO 64Bit:

Size is 10% x 10% of original image.

rossinib@...

Hello
here is the error message i get when i add the two line sentinel-3 at the end of the weather.txt file....
an idea?

Hugo

Hi,

You should have two entries in the list named 'SENTINEL-3A' and 'SENTINEL-3B'. From your print screen I can only see the entry 'SENTINEL-3'. This list is probably not the 'resource.txt' file from Celestrak.com.
In Set preferences, choose TLE sources and add "https://celstrak.com/NORAD/elements/resource.txt" and do a new update TLE's.

grts,

Hugo

Ernst Lobsiger

Bernard,

the bottom line of your TLE says 41335 Sentinel-3 instead of 41335 Sentinel-3A. Also the numbering is out of order. It seems this is "weather.txt" and you have managed to damage that with an editor.
Both satellites 41335 Sentinel-3A and 43437 Sentinel-3B are in TLE-file "resource.txt". Please update these two TLE-files and check Sentinel-3A and Sentinel-3B in "resource.txt". Then try again ..

P.S. And please disclose your first name for minimum politeness.

Ernst Lobsiger

Hugo,

sorry our posts have crossed. I found your post after sending mine. But apparently looking at the screenshot we came to the same conclusion :-).