Topics

[SatSignal] FY-2H, FY-2G - MDM FSD.

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

Hello All,

Today's solar eclipse got me looking at FY-2H and FY-2G imaging today, something I do rarely, it seems.

Now, when I look for the images in 'MSG > Images > FSD' I have fy-2h-xxx and fy-2c-xxx images listed and shown - not fy-2g-xxx???

And, I can't find FY-2H in the MSG Animation drop down list.
Ah!!!
I need V3.1.14!

Doh!

Regards,
John Tellick.
=====================================

It's in 3.1.7.311, the beta on the Web.

geojohnt@...

David,

You know me?
I don't do beta's Joy

I found that both my MDM and MSG Animator were out of date.
Now rectified and and all OK.

++++++++++++++++

It's in 3.1.7.311, the beta on the Web.

Web: https://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor@...
Twitter: @gm8arv

++++++++++++++++++++

Today's solar eclipse got me looking at FY-2H and FY-2G imaging today,
something I do rarely, it seems.

Now, when I look for the images in 'MSG > Images > FSD' I have fy-2h-xxx and
fy-2c-xxx images listed and shown - not fy-2g-xxx???

And, I can't find FY-2H in the MSG Animation drop down list.
Ah!!!
I need V3.1.14!

Doh!

Regards,
John Tellick.

=====================================

You know me?
I don't do beta's

I found that both my MDM and MSG Animator were out of date.
Now rectified and and all OK.

=====================================

John, using betas is something you may want to reconsider.

As I move further into retirement, the prospect of doing an "official" update with all that may entail (e.g. updating the Help which no-one reads anyway) becomes less appealing. As I'm using the beta as my "production" environment, I usually feel a high degree of confidence in what I upload as a beta version. You may wish to monitor the Web page:

https://www.satsignal.eu/software/beta.htm

automatically for updates using e.g.

http://www.watchthatpage.com/

geojohnt@...

David,

Thanks for the gentle reprimand.

In the past I do note any responses to any (unlikely) problems with your beta updates, and then wait for the official update.
But point taken.

As a BTW on the MSG-1 group, does FY-2G and FY-2H only do 1 hourly whole globe imaging?
I couldn't find the answer on the EUMETSAT website.