[rig-l] RE: [rig-l] RE: [rig-l] Re: GOES 10 Wefax Images

johnrigsec@...

In a message dated 21-12-03 15:00:05 GMT Standard Time, unkebe@bellsouth.net
writes:

Over Joy:
I believe that I may be within range of this Satellite ( Atlantic
Bird 1 at 12.5ºW ). I'm located at 26.7 N / 80.1 W. How can I be sure?
If I can receive this Satellite, I may buy the wife a new diamond this
year (Meaning what I spend on her - I spend on myself too). Barry
Barry,

C-band EUMETCast (MSG-1 data) is carried by Atlantic Bird-3 at 5 deg. W.
In the (eastern) States you will need around a 2.4 - 3.8 m dish.

There is a calculator on the EUMETSAT website for visibility of their
satellites - go to

http://www.eumetsat.de/cgi-bin/tools/antennaPointing

where you will find Atlantic Bird-3.

I hope this is of use.