[rig-l] A nice surprise.

James Brown

In message <4f.388cde1f.2d180bbd@aol.com>, johnrigsec@aol.com writes
All,

I hope that MSG users in the UK had the same surprise as me this morning when
picking up the morning post?
There amongst the Christmas cards was my Met. Office License Agreement for
the
use of MSG Data.

I hope that you all received yours - or will do so in a couple of days.

What an end to the year?

Regards,
John Tellick.
Yes myself as well.
Does this mean you'll be getting an MSG system now John? ;-))

To answer Douglas's question:

We need to return a signed copy to the Met office and they will inform EUMETSAT and then they in turn will issue the decryption hardware and software at the cost of 100 EUR inclusive.

Payment is to be by a cheque drawn in EUR to EUMETSAT, and then they will activate the e-token.

Cheers,
James
--
James Brown

Trevor David <tdavid@...>

I note that Eumetsat have stated that a credit card system will be available early 2004 for payment up to E1,500. Further details will be on the web in due course.

>I hope that MSG users in the UK had the same surprise as me this morning when
>picking up the morning post?
>There amongst the Christmas cards was my Met. Office License Agreement for
>the
>use of MSG Data.
>
>I hope that you all received yours - or will do so in a couple of days.
>
>What an end to the year?
>
>Regards,
>John Tellick.

Yes myself as well.
Does this mean you'll be getting an MSG system now John? ;-))

To answer Douglas's question:

We need to return a signed copy to the Met office and they will inform
EUMETSAT and then they in turn will issue the decryption hardware and
software at the cost of 100 EUR inclusive.

Payment is to be by a cheque drawn in EUR to EUMETSAT, and then they
will activate the e-token.

Cheers,
James
--
James Brown

Does this mean you'll be getting an MSG system now John? ;-))
Must be the one person who _should_ have one!

To answer Douglas's question:

We need to return a signed copy to the Met office and they will
inform EUMETSAT and then they in turn will issue the decryption
hardware and software at the cost of 100 EUR inclusive.

This confuses me - the cost, as I understaood it, was 60 Euros for
the Tellique software and 40 Euros for the eToken and it's runtime
environment. You may want to check just what you get for the 100
Euros - perhaps it includes the Tellique software you already have.

BTW: if you are running the V4.2.8 drivers - watch out. Perhaps it
was just me, but I had awful problems with the eToken and the V4.2.8
drivers - the system would randomly stop working after 3 - 72
hours. We went through a lot of pain to discover just what the
problem was, upgrades of the Tellique software, upgrades and debug
versions of the eToken runtime environment, putting the eToken on a
USB extender cable in case it wasn't seating properly. This on a
550MHz Pentium III. In the end, I got a second eToken, and built a
second 1GHz Pentium III PC with a new SkyStar card. No problems
with the rebuilt configuration. I then put the original SkyStar
card and USB eToken into another PC (2.8GHz Pentium 4), got a
splitter to feed both, and have no problems with that
configuration. Go figure!

No such mail here as yet, just the Tax bill for last year and half
of next year....

David

John Thexton <john@...>

Yes you are correct David 40 euros for the e token 60 for tellique software.
Best Wishes
John

In message <bs6j5g+i4r8@eGroups.com>, David Taylor <david-taylor@blueyonder.co.uk> writes
Does this mean you'll be getting an MSG system now John? ;-))
Must be the one person who _should_ have one!

To answer Douglas's question:

We need to return a signed copy to the Met office and they will
inform EUMETSAT and then they in turn will issue the decryption
hardware and software at the cost of 100 EUR inclusive.

This confuses me - the cost, as I understaood it, was 60 Euros for
the Tellique software and 40 Euros for the eToken and it's runtime
environment. You may want to check just what you get for the 100
Euros - perhaps it includes the Tellique software you already have.
David, just to let you and others know I have mailed my acceptance off today and have asked Colin if he would be so kind as to clarify the position with regards to users who have already purchased the Tellique sofware.

The letter indicated that on his passing on our details to EUMETSAT they would issue us with the decryption dongle for 40 EUR and the software for 60 EUR. What I am not clear on is whether the software specifically relates to the dongle or to the Tellique package - which many of us already have. I would hope that EUMETSAT have a record of our previous purchase, but as in my case this went directly to Tellique I'm not sure, although they did issue me with the free upgrade.

Cheers,

James
--
James Brown

Guy Martin <agm@...>

40Euros if you already have the Tellique software.

Guy

>I hope that MSG users in the UK had the same surprise as me this morning when
>picking up the morning post?
>There amongst the Christmas cards was my Met. Office License Agreement for
>the
>use of MSG Data.
>
>I hope that you all received yours - or will do so in a couple of days.
>
>What an end to the year?
>
>Regards,
>John Tellick.

Yes myself as well.
Does this mean you'll be getting an MSG system now John? ;-))

To answer Douglas's question:

We need to return a signed copy to the Met office and they will inform
EUMETSAT and then they in turn will issue the decryption hardware and
software at the cost of 100 EUR inclusive.

Payment is to be by a cheque drawn in EUR to EUMETSAT, and then they
will activate the e-token.

Cheers,
James
--
James Brown

----------

johnrigsec@...

In a message dated 22-12-03 16:52:28 GMT Standard Time,
satellite@meteosat.co.uk writes:

David, just to let you and others know I have mailed my acceptance off
today and have asked Colin if he would be so kind as to clarify the
position with regards to users who have already purchased the Tellique
sofware.

The letter indicated that on his passing on our details to EUMETSAT they
would issue us with the decryption dongle for 40 EUR and the software
for 60 EUR. What I am not clear on is whether the software specifically
relates to the dongle or to the Tellique package - which many of us
already have. I would hope that EUMETSAT have a record of our previous
purchase, but as in my case this went directly to Tellique I'm not sure,
although they did issue me with the free upgrade.

Cheers,

James
All,

The Met. Office letter from Colin said - and I quote (in part):

"What I will do:

* Inform EUMETSAT that your signed license has been returned to me and ask
them
to issue the decryption hardware and software to you."

"What EUMETSAT will do:

* send you one decryption key unit (e-token) at a cost of 40 EUR.
* send you one receiving software package at a cost of 60 EUR.
* send you a EUMETCast username and password.
* send you an invoice for 100 EUR.

Note - if you took part in the MSG trial you may already have received some
of the
above and paid in part or full."

Confusing - I don't think so - not if you read the 'note'.

I said in earlier e-mail's and those who have read the latest EUMETSAT
operations
News Bulletin Issue 10 that those who have been taking part in the trials
will just
require the e-Token and software.

Entry to the MSG trial is no longer possible I understand - since it is just
about at
an end.

All registrations for access to MSG-1 [Meteosat-8] EUMETCast now will be
applying
for the operational service and will require the TELLICAST (reception)
software and,
in time for the March full data encryption, the e-Token and associated
software.

In which case you will be sent an invoice for 100 EUR.

I hope this clears up any misunderstanding.

Regards,
John Tellick.