_______________________
Date: 2003-11-12

Date: 2003-11-12

Late segments report
(no report)

_______________________
Date: 2003-11-12

Missing HRIT & LRIT segments report
(none)

_______________________
Date: 2003-11-12

Missing rebroadcast & derived segments report
(none)

Cheers,
James
--
James Brown

Douglas Deans <douglas@...>

Date: 2003-11-12

Missing cycles report

_______________________
Date: 2003-11-12

Late segments report
(no report)

_______________________
Date: 2003-11-12

Missing HRIT & LRIT segments report
Cycle: 0700
msg-ch01, seg: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | I switched on sometime after
msg-ch02, seg: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | 0700 hence these supposedly
msg-ch03, seg: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | missing segments.
msg-ch04, seg: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | MSG DMG decoded on segment 8
msg-ch05, seg: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | and those I deleted before creating
msg-ch06, seg: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | an animated sequence.
msg-ch07, seg: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 |
msg-ch08, seg: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 |
msg-ch09, seg: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 |
msg-ch10, seg: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 |
msg-ch11, seg: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 |
msg-ch12, seg: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 |
Cycle: 1700
msg-ch01, seg: 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 | These segments missing as I'd
msg-ch02, seg: 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 | pulled the plug after having
msg-ch03, seg: 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 | received only the first segment.
msg-ch04, seg: 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 |
msg-ch05, seg: 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 |
msg-ch06, seg: 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 |
msg-ch07, seg: 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 |
msg-ch08, seg: 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 |
msg-ch09, seg: 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 |
msg-ch10, seg: 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 |
msg-ch11, seg: 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 |
msg-ch12, seg: 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 |

Key: msg=HRIT lrit=LRIT
01=VIS006 02=VIS008 03=IR016 04=IR039
05=WV062 06=WV073 07=IR087 08=IR097
09=IR108 10=IR120 11=IR134 12=HRV

_______________________
Date: 2003-11-12

Missing rebroadcast & derived segments report
(none)

Must have suffered from a local problem during the 0815 Cycle as I was
missing segments 1234567 Channel 11 only,but as you can see MSG DMG has not reported it.

Robert Moore

Just to cheer up all of those who have had problems - today I had only two
segments reported missing, and they were there anyhow! So perfect reception
after a week of misery.

Robert

Date: 2003-11-12

Missing cycles report
0000
0015
0030
0045
0100
0115
0130
0145
0200
0215
0230
0245
0300
0315
0330
0345
0400
0415
0430
0445
0500
0515
0530
0545
0600
0615
0630
0645
0700
0715
0730
0745
0800
0815
0830
0845
2015
2030
2045
2100
2115
2130
2145
2200
2215
2230
2245
2300
2315
2330
2345

_______________________
Date: 2003-11-12

Late segments report
(no report)

_______________________
Date: 2003-11-12

Date: 2003-11-12

Missing rebroadcast & derived segments report
(none)

Cheers,
James
--
James Brown

------------------------------
Professor Robert Moore
Department of Sociology, Social Policy
and Social Work Studies
The University of Liverpool
Eleanor Rathbone Building
Bedford Street South
Liverpool
L69 7ZA

tel and fax: 44 (0) 1352 714456

a_van_belle

I might be lucky, up to cycle 2300 I had not a single segment missing
today !

Running receive-only on PIII @ 1 Ghz with 256 Mb mem./ 40 Gb disc /
100 Mbit NIC
W2K sp3, Skystar v2.3 SQ=70%, driver 4.2.2, TQ 2.3.1,
eToken on trial with RTE 3.00.
HRIT, LRIT and ATOVS PID on, all channels on.

Thanks to the people at Eumetsat !

Greetings,
Arne van Belle

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

I don't suppose it would help but has anyone affected by the
problems (Windows XP) tried adding to the boot file, the very last
line, /pcilock - according to Microsoft knowledge base this can
help with PCI IRQ conflicts.

[boot loader]
timeout=2
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)&#92;WINNT
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)&#92;WINNT="Microsoft Windows XP
Professional" /fastdetect /pcilock
^^^^^^^^
Didn't know about that one, James. As I read it though, this means
that you have to sort out the IRQs yourself first, and then Windows
doesn't touch the result.

Talking of interrupts - the 188 byte packets come down at a 27.5MS/s
rate. What is the resulting bit rate? 100Mb/s? One bit every
10ns? So a 188 byte packet lasts 2us? There's no way a PC could
handle 500K interrupts a second! So what is the packet size and
interrupt rate? How many packets fit into the on-card buffer?

Alan Sewards <alan.sewards@...>

David,
The 27.5 Ms/s is the digital chip rate of the signal. Data uses a number
of chips per bit, I don't know how many with Hotbird/T-Systems. But the data
bit rate is likely to be less than 5 MHz. Its by doing this that the digital
format can get more channels into the transponder than an analog system
would, and still maintain a usable S/N ratio.

Best regards - Alan

--- In MSG-1@..., "Alan Sewards" <alan.sewards@c...>
wrote:
David,
The 27.5 Ms/s is the digital chip rate of the signal. Data
uses a number of chips per bit, I don't know how many with Hotbird/T-
Systems. But the data bit rate is likely to be less than 5 MHz. Its
by doing this that the digital format can get more channels into the
transponder than an analog system would, and still maintain a usable
S/N ratio.

Best regards - Alan
I would still be interested to know a little more about the
packetisation, buffering, data rates, and therefore interrupt rates
(or even DMA requirements) of the system. Perhaps someone has a
reference?

a_van_belle

--- In MSG-1@..., "David Taylor" <david-taylor@b...>
wrote:
I would still be interested to know a little more about the
packetisation, buffering, data rates, and therefore interrupt rates
(or even DMA requirements) of the system. Perhaps someone has a
reference?
A good start is:
http://erg.abdn.ac.uk/research/future-net/digital-video/dsm-cc.html

And if you have a lot of time (and a member login) you can visit:
http://www.dvb.org/index.php?id=57

Greetings,
Arne van Belle