Topics

Removal of Sentinel-3 OLCI Level-1 Full Resolution NRT data from EUMETCast Satellite service

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

EUMETSAT announcement:

Sentinel-3 OLCI Level-1 Full Resolution (FR) Near Real Time (NRT) data will be removed from EUMETCast Satellite in July 2021. The planned date for the removal of OLCI Level 1 FR NRT data from our EUMETCast Satellite service is 29 July 2021.

Alternative services to access these data are available:

See:

https://www.eumetsat.int/website/home/News/DAT_5184373.html

James Brown

On 17 Sep 2020, at 11:39, David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺 via groups.io <david-taylor=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:

EUMETSAT announcement:

Sentinel-3 OLCI Level-1 Full Resolution (FR) Near Real Time (NRT) data will be removed from EUMETCast Satellite in July 2021. The planned date for the removal of OLCI Level 1 FR NRT data from our EUMETCast Satellite service is 29 July 2021.

Alternative services to access these data are available:

See:

https://www.eumetsat.int/website/home/News/DAT_5184373.html

I’m wondering which of the new services they are making space for?

Cheers.
James.

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

I’m wondering which of the new services they are making space for?

Cheers.
James.

Perhaps one of these? MTG looks earlier.

MTG satellites, imagers and sounders - 2022-2042

https://www.eumetsat.int/website/home/Satellites/FutureSatellites/MeteosatThirdGeneration/index.html

MetOp-SG imagers/sounders and microwave imaging - 2023-2038

https://www.eumetsat.int/website/home/Satellites/FutureSatellites/EUMETSATPolarSystemSecondGeneration/index.html

(Linux date rollover - 2038 - could be fun!).

Daniele Guardigli

Or they're slowly moving towards a web service?