From: "David Taylor" <david-taylor@...>
To: <MSG-1@...>
Sent: Sunday, October 19, 2003 9:22 AM
Subject: [MSG-1] Reception failure

At 20:36 UTC my system stopped receiving data and required a
reboot. I take it that no-one else saw this?

Sorry David I was watching a film and shut down just before that for the
night.
Seemed a good day other than the current 12.30/12.45 sun problems.
Hope someone can confirm.

Peter Benney <tugboat@...>

At 20:36 UTC my system stopped receiving data and required a
reboot. I take it that no-one else saw this?
David. I had the following missing segments at 2036:-

Channels 1,2,3,4,5 Seg 3 4 5
Channels 6,7,8,9,10,11 Seg 2 3 4 5
Channel 12 Seg 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

From my Tellique log disconnected form announcement channel at 20:36:39 reconnecting at 20:41:53 which would account for the missing segments.

Peter

Lawrence <lawrence@...>

Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 08:22:32 -0000
From: "David Taylor" <david-taylor@...>

At 20:36 UTC my system stopped receiving data and required a
reboot. I take it that no-one else saw this?

My system logged several missing segments but continued normally.

regards

Lawrence

David J Taylor

At 20:36 UTC my system stopped receiving data and required a
reboot. I take it that no-one else saw this?
David. I had the following missing segments at 2036:-

Channels 1,2,3,4,5 Seg 3 4 5
Channels 6,7,8,9,10,11 Seg 2 3 4 5
Channel 12 Seg 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

From my Tellique log disconnected form announcement channel at 20:36:39
reconnecting at 20:41:53 which would account for the missing segments.

Peter
Peter - thanks for that. It seems that some people's system will recover
from these errors, other people not. We should look at this closer.

Perhaps people could send me data about last night's outage:

- did your system automatically recover?
- operating system
- processor
- memory
- DVB card version
- DVB card driver software (e.g. 4.2.2)
- source of software (CD from Tellique, CD from Eumetsat)
- version of Tellique software (e.g. 2.3.0a)

In fact, let's not restrict it to last night's outage, but to "any
otherwise unexplained stoppage", although last night's was obviously
common across everyone, so we are really trying to find that magical
factor which allows some people to carry on and others not.....

Trevor Davies <g0jix@...>

No problem here,location Shrewsbury IO82PR

73 de Trevor G0JIX
All mail scanned with Norton.

At 20:36 UTC my system stopped receiving data and required a
reboot. I take it that no-one else saw this?

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

David J Taylor

No problem here,location Shrewsbury IO82PR
Any missing segments around that time, Trevor?

Alan Sewards <alan.sewards@...>

Hi David,
I had no hang-up, but the Tellique log shows a disconnection from Data
Channel 2 at 20:36:58 and a subsequent connection to the Announcement
channel at 20:42:12. I had missing segments reported on the 2030 cycle. So
the system automatically recovered. (Its a single computer system, running
both the receiver software and MDM).
OS: Windows XP Home SP1 and the latest critical updates
Processor: Athlon 2400+XP
Memory: 512MB DDR RAM PC 333
DVB Card version: SkyStar 2, version not known, but it was bought from
Timestep in May 2003
DVB Card driver: 4.2.2
Source of S/W: T-Systems
Version of T-systems S/W: 2.3.0a

Best regards - Alan

At 20:36 UTC my system stopped receiving data and required a
reboot. I take it that no-one else saw this?
David. I had the following missing segments at 2036:-

Channels 1,2,3,4,5 Seg 3 4 5
Channels 6,7,8,9,10,11 Seg 2 3 4 5
Channel 12 Seg 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

From my Tellique log disconnected form announcement channel at 20:36:39
[...]

David,

Attached extract from my log covering the period mentioned.

Perhaps people could send me data about last night's outage:

- did your system automatically recover? Yes
- operating system XP
- processor Athlon XP 2000
- memory 1GB DDR
- DVB card version SkyStar2
- DVB card driver software (e.g. 4.2.2) 4.2.1.9999
- source of software (CD from Tellique, CD from Eumetsat) Tellique
- version of Tellique software (e.g. 2.3.0a) 2.3.0

Hope this helps

73 de Trevor G0JIX
All mail scanned with Norton.

Trevor Davies <g0jix@...>

David

Earlier reply may have been misleading I did not check LRIT.

Log detail sent short time before this will be of more help,I think.