Topics

Receiving Noaa 20 data

diogenes1@...

I received a license update a little while ago in order to receive the data for this satellite. I changed the configuration file for HVS 1 to include E1H-TPL-1 however nothing appears in the assigned directory. From the Eumetsat website, Noaa 20 seems to be active, so can some one please tell me what I could be doing wrong?

Ian Deans

On 21/01/2020 12:52, diogenes1@... wrote:
I received a license update a little while ago in order to receive the data for this satellite. I changed the configuration file for HVS 1 to include E1H-TPL-1 however nothing appears in the assigned directory. From the Eumetsat website, Noaa 20 seems to be active, so can some one please tell me what I could be doing wrong?
==================================================================================================================

NOAA 20 data is not received on the HVS-1 service, but on the basic service.
The data is sent on channel NPP-2 and the image data is shown as j01 not NOAA 20.
Hope that helps.

Regards
Ian

diogenes1@...

Thank you Ian for your reply. If it is as you say then on HVS-1 what are the data on  E1H-TPL-1 labeled Noaa-20?
Regards, Peter.
--
Securely sent with Tutanota. Get your own encrypted, ad-free mailbox:
https://tutanota.com

Jan 21, 2020, 13:57 by iandeans142@...:

On 21/01/2020 14:40, diogenes1@... wrote:
Thank you Ian for your reply. If it is as you say then on HVS-1 what are the data on  E1H-TPL-1 labeled Noaa-20?
Regards, Peter.
Peter as far as I remember the data coming through E1H-TPL-1 is likely to be sounder data. I have not taken that channel for some time now and for the last few days I am not taking any data on HVS-1 as I am presently using my 10 year old backup computer.

NOAA 20 VIIRS image data is on basic service and NPP VIIRS image data is on HVS-1.

PS I have mail issues at the moment with missing mails making continuity difficult.

George Sz

I've had this problem before and had to sift through several channels for VIIRS data.

What you're likely looking for is here:

NOAA20 VIIRS: bas, NPP-2
NPP VIIRS hvs-1, E1H-RDS-1

Regards,