pytroll working version of Metop stacked

Ferdinand Valk

All,

Attached is the final version of a Metop script that stacks different passes
during a day. Some code was missing to decompress bz2 files, which Ernst was
kind enough to point out.
Please keep us posted of further changes, improvements or innovations.

Best regards,
Ferdinand

Ernst Lobsiger

On Sun, Feb 7, 2021 at 07:03 AM, Ferdinand Valk wrote:
Please keep us posted of further changes, improvements or innovations.
Ferdinand,

thanks for sharing this. Let others adapt it for Metop-A and Metop-C so we get broader user expertise.
AFAIK Metop-B and Metop-C are in the same orbit app. 180° out of phase. So someone can make a
Metop-X_DAY_stack.py similar to Sentinel-3X_DAY_stack .py to get broad coverage on low latitudes.
And Metop also has data on the night side. What I distributed is named to be a "Starter Kit ..."  only.

Ferdinand Valk

Agreed Ernst, it would be nice to see the user base growing and with it useful expertise.

Ferdinand

On Sun, Feb 7, 2021 at 07:03 AM, Ferdinand Valk wrote:

Please keep us posted of further changes, improvements or innovations.

Ferdinand,

thanks for sharing this. Let others adapt it for Metop-A and Metop-C so we get broader user expertise.
AFAIK Metop-B and Metop-C are in the same orbit app. 180° out of phase. So someone can make a
Metop-X_DAY_stack.py similar to Sentinel-3X_DAY_stack .py to get broad coverage on low latitudes.
And Metop also has data on the night side. What I distributed is named to be a "Starter Kit ..."  only.

Ferdinand and All

Yes PyTROLL/SatPy is about learning by doing. BTW it also comes with a slstr_l2 reader.
After some try and error here is one my first images. Even Lake Geneva has a ssst value :-).

Ferdinand Valk

Very nice! Creeping slowly towards a full package of what comes down via Eumetcast.

Ferdinand

Yes PyTROLL/SatPy is about learning by doing. BTW it also comes with a slstr_l2 reader.
After some try and error here is one my first images. Even Lake Geneva has a ssst value :-).

Daniele Guardigli

Ferdinand, Ernst

Thank you for what you're doing. I'm starting to learn Python in order to be autonomous as much as possible.
Today I'll test the Metop script.

Daniele

Il giorno lun 8 feb 2021 alle ore 08:11 Ferdinand Valk <fvalk@...> ha scritto:

Very nice! Creeping slowly towards a full package of what comes down via Eumetcast.

Ferdinand

Yes PyTROLL/SatPy is about learning by doing. BTW it also comes with a slstr_l2 reader.
After some try and error here is one my first images. Even Lake Geneva has a ssst value :-).

Daniele Guardigli

Christian Peters

Ernst,

very nice.
You could try the (unwelcome) rainbow colormap on the SST data, too!?

Regards,

Christian

Am 07.02.2021 um 22:06 schrieb Ernst Lobsiger via groups.io <ernst.lobsiger@...>:

Ferdinand and All

Yes PyTROLL/SatPy is about learning by doing. BTW it also comes with a slstr_l2 reader.
After some try and error here is one my first images. Even Lake Geneva has a ssst value :-).

Cheers,
Ernst <Sentinel-3A-20210205-DAY-1014-sea_surface_skin_temperature-omerc_bb.jpg>