probleme with dvb-eumetcast, service don't start

Dear MSG-01 group,

I'm trying to config a computer with EUMETCast client (TelliCast)(https://eumetsatspace.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/DSEC/pages/739344499/EUMETCast+Client+Software+Description).
I am the new system administrator of my company and this computer has already been configured to receive data (I found data from 04/2020).
I updated all the package (finding here : ftp://ftp.eumetsat.int/pub/OPS/out/user/EUMETCast_Support/EUMETCast_Licence_cd/Linux/) but when I try to reload the dvb-eumetcast service, I have this error :

>> Starting dvb-eumetcast E1 E2: smcroutectl: Invalid input interface Failed to add the multicast route for the multicast IP address '224.223.222.223' (using the multicast origin IP address) FAILED

I registered to this data :

Meteosat Services

    0° Service
        0° SEVIRI Level 1.5 Image Data
            1/4-hourly data transmissions **
            1/2-hourly data transmissions **
            1-hourly data transmissions
        0° Meteosat Meteorological Products
            All other Meteorological Products

I have already sent a message to the eumetsat helpdesk and I am waiting for a response. I try via this group.

Thanks in advance,
Celestine.

Ernst Lobsiger

Celestine,

as a sys admin you should at least tell us what system you are using. The init script /etc/init.d/dvb-eumetcast might be the problem because this is still
assuming a deprecated version of smcroute. This used to be one binary "smcroute" only but in latest distros smcroute comes as smcrouted (the daemon) and
smcroutectl (a CLI control program). If you have this new version of smcroute (check with man smcroute) you might have to slightly adapt the startup script.

If you installed smcroute from your distro you might also have the distro startup script (maybe even an smcroute helper service) that you must disable.
Maybe you test that first as all the interfaces used will be setup by /etc/init.d/dvb-eumetcast. This can interfere with a distro started smcrouted daemon.

Celestine,

and you didn't even tell us what EUMETCast receiver you have. If this is an SR1 or similar router smcroute is not needed.
If it is a dvb-s2 USB-Box or PCIe-card smcroute is needed as well as dvb-apps. And one more hint: /etc/init.d/dvb-eumetcast
does also rely on good old ifconfig. Newer distros come with ip only. Debian 10 e.g. still has ifconfig in the net-tools package.

Dearn Ernst,

Sorry ! I have a Debian 10 and a dvb-s2 PCIe-card. I stopped the smcroute daemon and it work ! Thanks a lot for your help.

Best regards,

Celestine.