Problem with Geosatsignal when creating HRV Animation in High Resolution

Maik Dobbermann <maik.dobbermann@...>

Hi David,

i am trying to create various animation of germany for example in
Geosatsignal (ver. 4.0.4.385) with HRV Images as PNGs (those new ones,
Waveletcompressed).

I use remapping, with zooming and so on and a resolution of the target
picture about 768x576.

When i try to animate, or even sometimes just try to make one picture,
Geosatsignal just quits, with no warning message or else.
In this computer i have about 1.2 GB RAM. So i dont know if thats an issue?

I would really like to go up with the resolution, but cannot.

Could this be a problem with Geosatsignal? Or do i need more RAM?

Thanks for your answer in advance.

Regards,
Maik Dobbermann

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

i am trying to create various animation of germany for example in
Geosatsignal (ver. 4.0.4.385) with HRV Images as PNGs (those new
ones,
Waveletcompressed).

I use remapping, with zooming and so on and a resolution of the
target
picture about 768x576.

When i try to animate, or even sometimes just try to make one
picture,
Geosatsignal just quits, with no warning message or else.
In this computer i have about 1.2 GB RAM. So i dont know if thats
an issue?

I would really like to go up with the resolution, but cannot.

Could this be a problem with Geosatsignal? Or do i need more RAM?
[]
Maik,

I suspect this would be more appropriate in the SatSignal group, but
to try and answer:

- I've never used HRV saved as PNG files for animations within
GeoSatSignal

- I believe people do use the HRV channel, though.

- If I was doing this, I would use the 12n image, i.e. the smaller
northern part of the full HRV image.

- making a false-colour image will use three times the memory of the
monochrome image, so reducing the size of the source image is
critically important.

- I only have 1GB of memory, but have made full resolution HRV false-
colour images before.

- running MSG Data Manager on the same machine will also use up
quite a large amount of memory. Can you perhaps try on another PC?

There is probably a more recent beta than 4.0.4.385 available, but I
don't know if that will help your problem.

Douglas Deans <douglas@...>

i am trying to create various animation of germany for example in
Geosatsignal (ver. 4.0.4.385) with HRV Images as PNGs (those new ones,
Waveletcompressed).

I use remapping, with zooming and so on and a resolution of the target
picture about 768x576.

When i try to animate, or even sometimes just try to make one picture,
Geosatsignal just quits, with no warning message or else.
In this computer i have about 1.2 GB RAM. So i dont know if thats an
issue?

I would really like to go up with the resolution, but cannot.

Could this be a problem with Geosatsignal? Or do i need more RAM?

Thanks for your answer in advance.

Regards,
Maik Dobbermann
Hello Maik

I run a close-up orthographically corrected colour animation of the UK most
days using the HRV 12n image.
I have a 2000 XP with 1 Gb of RAM. The animation is made up whilst MSG DM
is running (Receive is on another computer). At the moment I am doing it
with PNG saved images without any problem.
I am using the latest beta version of GSS4 ie V4.0.4.408 although I have
used earlier versions without any problems.
In my case the basic settings I use are :-

False colour :- normal
Brightness :- H.E.
Crispen :- more
Remapping :- enabled
Remapped Image Size :- 1280 x 960
meridian :- -4 (minus 4)
parallel :- 54
span :- 10

Hope that helps.

Maik Dobbermann <maik.dobbermann@...>

Douglas,
thanks for your options. i use equal ones, but with coordinates of germany
of course ;)

Do you use non-scaled pngs? or are they scaled down by x - factor?