Possible new problem

Lawrence <lawrence@...>

Today has not been brilliant on the MSG-1 processing front. I have lost
so many segments that I activated the signal monitor - it showed 50%
which, although slightly lower than I can get when I work on it; the
error rate stayed at zero.

I switched off the processing (using the stop switch) because I was
viewing a DVD (astronomy stuff). When the session was over, I
re-started MSG-1 manager but was puzzled that only a couple of real-time
files were processed. I am used to the backlog waiting. Curiosity led
me to repeat the experiment - switching off the manager and watching
what happens. In fact, all files coming in through TQ were *deleted* on
reception - even though the MSG-manager was off. To check that there
wasn't a different effect, I did a virus check of the receive computer -
it was clean. Files were still getting deleted so I physically removed
the network cable - and the deletions then stopped.

Where I go from here, I don't know. Holes are in all my images.

BTW David, I have *no* reason to believe that this is a bug in MSG-1, I
simply don't know what is going on here.

Lawrence

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

In fact, all files coming in through TQ were *deleted* on
reception - even though the MSG-manager was off. To check that
there wasn't a different effect, I did a virus check of the receive
computer - it was clean. Files were still getting deleted so I
physically removed the network cable - and the deletions then
stopped.

Where I go from here, I don't know. Holes are in all my images.

Lawrence, it sounds as if:

- there is another copy of the MSG Data Manager running somewhere,
perhaps on another PC

or

- the first copy of the MSG Data Manager did not shut down
properly. Is there a second process named MsgDataManager visible on
the Task Manager Processes tab? This does sound unlikely, though.

Did you check the reporting level and buffering options in the
Tellique recv.ini file?

For what it's worth, no missing segments so far today, we even got
midnight Meteosat-5 data!